the eliminator(finished pics 7/15)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: the eliminator

thanks man!!! mostly all welded and shaped with a grinder then a minimal amount of filler and about 4 coats of primer. the crappy cell pics dont really do 'em any justice. they look pretty awesome in person!!!

quick mock-up.the wheels and chain came today. ordered the rest of the parts today too. so it should be together by next weekend. heres some pics:
001-10.jpg

002-6.jpg

003-8.jpg

don't mind all the greasy fingerprints!! hahaha

white_cross said:
Looks sharp how did you get the rust and paint striped off so fast?

Dev
i'm an automotive painter by trade so i take them to work and strip them with a soft grinding disc. rips the paint right off and doesn't damage the metal then i put them in our sandblasting cabinet to get in all nooks and crannys where the grinder won't fit.

got the cranks on yesterday. gotta ream the dropout on the forks today so the new axles fit in. then i should have that all together tonight.parts should be here end of the week for final assembly!! cant wait to ride it!!

looks good man! hopefully you plan to put a big ole slick in the back?

i actually got a set of those maxxis hookworm tires comin'. i think they are 20x2.1 ? they are kinda slick lookin. should be pretty neat lookin.

heres a crappy cell phone pic until i can get home and post some proper pics. so stand-by for better quality ones...
0714092050a1.jpg

i like what you did - it's got a real personal touch. I have the same frame that needs some love.

looks great! i think the fork extension really fits, it doesnt put the frame up too high.

stretch said:
looks great! i think the fork extension really fits, it doesnt put the frame up too high.
yea iwas a little iffy at first with the forks until i got 'em mocked up. i dig it. i think it looks likes like the "bad kid from the block" bike! just needs a billy club attached somewhere! hahaha!!

Very cool. Custom the way it was done when it was new. If you don't want to shred your jacket, how about some hi-top canvas kicks? :lol: Do they still make Keds? :?

Back