the eliminator(finished pics 7/15)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got this off of member cody-james. its a '70 murray eliminator. the next victim.

last night...
011-1.jpg

this afternoon...
015.jpg

its metallic black. nexa autocolor, basecoat-clearcoat. stripped to bare metal this morning, primed, painted, cleared and baked, all before lunch time.
please stay tuned-Atomic

Re: the eliminator

WOW, that's really nice... can't wait to see this one get built up...

thanks for the comments guys. i'm goin' black and green with this one i think. should be pretty sick! i freakin' love these eliminators!

update: wheels, chain, chainguard and pedals should be here this week. still gotta decide on a tire style and get sissy bar, grips bars and stem. hopin' to have my forks finished and intalled by the end of the week. later-Atomic

Sweet! Sears muscle bikes are some of the coolest, I think :D And I think the extended forks will look really cool...

Unchained said:
Sweet! Sears muscle bikes are some of the coolest, I think :D And I think the extended forks will look really cool...
yea, im quickly becoming a huge fan of them. a lil something different than the same old stingray! haha i got another one for my bday from my wife. its a sportcrest qualifier. made by murray and sold through kmart back in the day. same bike as the eliminator. but this ones a 5spd!!

014-1.jpg

atomicclutch said:
got this off of member cody-james. its a '70 murray eliminator. the next victim.
its metallic black. nexa autocolor, basecoat-clearcoat. stripped to bare metal this morning, primed, painted, cleared and baked, all before lunch time.
please stay tuned-Atomic

Man A.C., you don't mess around! If you do the same kink of work on this like what you did with your O.C.C. bike, it'll be another stand-out set of wheels! lookin' forward to it! 8)

Fireproof said:
atomicclutch said:
please stay tuned-Atomic

Man A.C., you don't mess around! If you do the same kink of work on this like what you did with your O.C.C. bike, it'll be another stand-out set of wheels! lookin' forward to it! 8)

thanks alot man. i appreciate that!

forks are painted! got to work early this morning so i knocked them out. gonna start some reassembling of this thing tonight.
07100908421.jpg

Wow, nice job on the forks! They look mint, It'd be impossible to tell they were stretched unless you knew. Did you use any filler, or just a bunch of welding,filing and grinding? Nice work, I'm looking forward to seeing this go back together.

Back