The curse is gone!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
decided today after a pretty heavy crash (possible broken elbow) that this build begins in earnest, i chose the curse because this bike is just unlucky as heck, i'll post pictures soon as it's a rolling build, thanks
Jack :D

Re: The curse.

I agree, show us the worse of what you're starting with. Just like the Build Off. It not just about the finished product, it's following along with you on your build journey that is the most fun!

415549_125193150977524_102616457_o.jpg

so this is where it was when i got it, only difference now is the brake lever isn't attached.

i have no idea what it is, but it's a twenty four, with a sturmey archer 3spd stamped 68
got a few more pictures and ideas floating around too!
IMAG0050_zpse597cf05.jpg

this is all thats left of the headtube decal, so if anyone knows, i'd much appreciate a heads up
IMAG0052_zps059c37a1.jpg

the rear hub
IMAG0054_zps096b2515.jpg

you can just see the number 68 through the pitting =D

so a little moving, removing and adjustment and this is where we are, going for lowdown cruising feel on this :)
IMAG0057_zps0488048e.jpg

sorry about the bad quality pictures btw.

jack.

Since its a British bike of coarse its cursed :mrgreen: at least the ones I've had were, I still remember all the problems
I had as a kid with the cottered cranks. Your bike appears to be an Elswick made in Birmingham England .
I wish you luck on your build :roll:
Mark

yeah they are a pain, 160mm and straight as an arrow, i hate them xD
thinks for the insight bro, i'll see if i can find out what this was originally :D

Re: The curse really IS cursed.

i guess the name i chose for this is pretty apt.
not much work done on it as funds were low, but someone decided to go out of there way to wreck the bike up.
now i have to repair it and try to find parts from christ knows where...
pictures to follow

got back in to find that it'd been 'borrowed'

gear line for the internal hub ripped out, stem will no longer get purchase inside the steerer tube and more spokes seem to be bent :?

:? Not good!
Why is it some people have to damage other peoples property? It's not like they gain anything from it!

I hope you can find the bits you need and repair the damage without too much stress...

Luke.

the joys of living in a hostel :roll:
but anyway!

this has spurred me on and now the bike has had it's paint stripped, and two coats of primer!
decided to go white, black and chrome with a little twist :wink:

photobucket isn't working... ...... >.<

finally have photobucket working so here we go!
IMAG0082_zps0b6a9f1f.jpg

stripped and primed, with the lugs masked up ready!
IMAG0083_zps4ecbcf13.jpg

IMAG0084_zpscb5dd02d.jpg

IMAG0086_zpsc06b6fe1.jpg

and my dirty old white nanner has a lovely new cover, it's greeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!
IMAG0094_zps75410a40.jpg

Re: The curse gets its makeover!

Got my paint and some laquer now, so she'll be painted tonight! Just need the back wheel fixed and its done for now :D

Re: The curse is done!!

So its pretty much done, built it up to see how it looked and i'm happy :D

Re: The curse is done!!

It aint done until we see photos! :p

Latest posts

Back