* THE BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(DONE!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: *BIG DADDY BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(With Kustom Seat)

OK guys I got the seat wrapped in leather...gotta get a leather string long enough for all those holes to finish it. sorry I'm gunna wait until it's done to post pics. just a few more days.

Re: *BIG DADDY BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(With Kustom Seat)

got my forks on and ready to ride..ill have pics of my seat soon
100_3281.jpg

Re: *BIG DADDY BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(forks on)

well when i get is finished ill post some more pics up. it looks so good with the leather on it. i just need to finish lacing the leather strips... :mrgreen:

ugh! i wanna see!!

Oh you can wait a few days stretch... I gotta keep you interested somehow!!!

Double Nickle said:
Oh you can wait a few days stretch... I gotta keep you interested somehow!!!
Tease... :wink:

argh. tease. :p

Sorry for the teaser... :lol:
So here it is guys. My finished kustom leather seat.I have been working on this baby all week let me know what you think :mrgreen:
Also another name change from"Big Daddy Bandit" to just "The Bandit"...
CIMG1910.jpg

CIMG1911.jpg

CIMG1908.jpg

Re: * THE BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(Kustom seat finished!!!!)

lookin good! why the cross though? i like it, its sorta like a bandit tat, im just curious.

Well I have a few other kustom leather pieces I'm putting on the bike...gun holsters,grips..ect and the cross just looked good with them. Don't worry I'm not dropping the Bandit theme :lol:

oh i aint worried bout that nickel. :D

where do you guys get the leather?

A small store in my town called Tandy leather, its closed now they went out of business like the rest of the world... :roll:

Dr.Tankenstein should know the shop im talking about.

Double Nickle said:
A small store in my town called Tandy leather, its closed now they went out of business like the rest of the world... :roll:

Dr.Tankenstein should know the shop im talking about.

tandy leather is a world wide chain (or used to be) its kinda like tupperware for men. any body could be a tandy dealer. they sell leather, leather tools,dyes conditioners etc. specializing in tooling.

here in canada the place i get my leather from was also call tandy up until approx 10 years ago. they've since changed there name (like 6 times)

Double Nickle said:
Looks good! No padding though, huh? I hope the bolt heads don't bruise 'yer bum!! :lol: Very chopper-esque. 8)

So I was digging threw old parts and junk the other day and came across an old gun holster I made for a toy gun for bathroom decoration.(don't ask :roll: ). so i thought since I was going with the bandit theme I would give it a shot.
I attached it to the forks and it actually looks surprisingly good. so what do you guys think keep it on or take it off????
100_3292.jpg

100_3290.jpg

I also got a chance to do a little detail work today. I got my Stewart Warner cadet speedometer out and got a brush and just started painting with no plan of a design in mind..I came out with blood-shot veins on the outside and flames on the lens. I got the idea for veins from Rat Fink's blood shot eyes.
100_3286.jpg

100_3287.jpg

last but not least I also cut out my front drop out plates out of the left over sheet metal from my seat. I will attach the plates to the monarch drop out instead of making new ones like I originally planned. I looked on the Internet and found some pics of some really cool Rat finks characters and thought my bike needs a little rat fink in it, to boost my Ed Rothieness. So I made a pattern for some good bloodshot eyeballs at make as my plates.
100_3283.jpg

100_3284.jpg

Im not done with these yet I will have final pics soon :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back