The 1890's Bike Destruction Riding Pics added

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I don't get tired of black and chrome. Same old sunlight, same old green trees, same old feet on the same old legs. :p That fork does look kind of lonely.

I think its the whitewalls . I have always hated them... Ok here is with some silver alloys with a 3 speed nexus and blackwalls. Painted the other fork an off white color...will match the scollops when everything is dry enough to tape. Looking better

alloys001.jpg

Mask the bottom 1/3 of your chrome fork (w/little points on top like the 60's) and hit it w/the white. Stick a chrome front fender on the back, same old, same old, but completely different. This build is way better than the first use of these materials.

Yeah Skip I was going to cut it off some ,but the wheels I put on now are a 3 speed nexus and I'm thinking the same thing ....put the thumb shifter on that bar.
Deorman the fork that is on there now came off the original build and not a chrome one. I have some fenders I was going to run ,but there is a spring that is welded on a small tab for the kickstand and its in the way, of the place to hook the bottom of the fender.OOOOps :roll:
There is a possibility I could do a little black something or other on the white...maybe a few lines or something to add a little. Still thinking on that one. :?

I think I could find a unicorn quicker than true redline tires...And if you were to find them they wouldnt be cheap. Got to remember I have about $35 in this build counting the 3 speed nexus. :shock:

Thanks Char ,It does ride good...right now I'm trying to work on the beauty part. :lol: Everybody that knows my builds Knows I have to make several color changes and parts choices before I hit the combination that I'm happy with. :oops:

Bearing cups on the head tube, would look nice black! Cups on the BB, white. (IMHO)

I'm leaning towards changing the white to red. It looks so blaaa. It needs something and I havent seen it yet. My wife isnt helping either ...she says I'm so predictable with my color choices....hummmm she like pink or leopard print. :cry:

Thanks Schwinnmesa. Hey Skip the shifter idea on the post under the seat is going to work out so cool. I'm thinking this will be it. I'm going to stick the rest of it together in a while and go terrorize the neighborhood.

Latest posts

Back