Texas Troublemaker (2012-from racer to rat tanker!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
ok,heres my finished firestone super cruiser after giving it a little vintage hot rod makeover! :D the first 8 pics were taken at Howard Hughes`gravesite,the last 4 were taken at random sites at the Glenwood Cemetary.beautiful place to ride and they are bicycle friendly! 8)
DSCN1544.jpg
DSCN1564.jpg
DSCN1551.jpg
DSCN1573.jpg
DSCN1552.jpg
DSCN1547.jpg
DSCN1569.jpg
DSCN1555.jpg
DSCN1592.jpg
DSCN1586.jpg
DSCN1575.jpg
DSCN1594.jpg

Re: Texas Troublemaker

Ok I knew he was there. Its been a while since I visited him ,but I guess your lucky ,He never talked to me :roll: :roll: :?
Was a good place for a photo shoot of a nice bike.

Nice and simple with the mix and match parts. I really like that big chainguard.

Nice lines - I like!
Great combo of sleek-ish frame and chunky tires, paint really sets it off. Diggin' those pedals, too!

Had to revisit this one guys ,really like the combo of parts and paint sceam ! the chain guard is off the hook ,anybody got one for sale ?chainguard that is;.. 8)

what are the tires those are cool and i like the fork mod smart boy

Chain guard, forks, back light, seat post, seat, EVERYTHING looks awesome!

I think those are tires that come on some Electras. I have a set on my vintage motorized bike but can't remember what exact brand they are.

BTW, great looking bike!!

iRide Custom Bicycles said:
I think those are tires that come on some Electras. I have a set on my vintage motorized bike but can't remember what exact brand they are.

BTW, great looking bike!!
you are correct sir! :lol: they are electra vintage diamond 26x2.35`s. they come out looking beefier than fat franks,though they are the same size! ive got a set in cream,just waiting for the right build for them. :D

after stealing the tires and grips off of my monark,for last years buildoff,i decided that it was time to put it back on the road. most of the parts i had saved up,except for the tank and rack. the straight fender set i got from yeshoney last fall i believe. pretty straight forward assembly except for a gender change on the fork. i ended up threading it down 1",cutting 3/4"off of the headtube, then moved the mounting holes at the top of the fork and truss rods down 3/4",then re-shaped them. this makes bike #5 in the rat tanker series,so i pulled the other 4 out for a group shot! :D
DSCN3671.jpg
DSCN3683.jpg
DSCN3680.jpg
DSCN3686.jpg
DSCN3690.jpg
DSCN3691.jpg
DSCN3693.jpg
DSCN3695.jpg
DSCN3697.jpg
DSCN3701.jpg
DSCN3711.jpg
DSCN3705.jpg