TRADITIONAL ⚡️⚡️⚡️THUNDERBOLT⚡️⚡️⚡️TIRES SELECTED⚡️⚡️⚡️TANK BUILDING⚡️⚡️⚡️FENDER & SKIRT MOCK-UP⚡️⚡️⚡️PIPES⚡️⚡️⚡️

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Monark Silver King springer really needs some work, especially with one of the shock studs that is loose. It definitely needs welded. I have this JC Higgins Beehive Springer that is my backup. I’m undecided on the final way to go.View attachment 264204View attachment 264205

I'll steal this from @BobbyStillz

1714858034614.png

This should be a beautiful build no matter which fork you use.

I put solid rods in the middle of the springs on one of my builds to remove the spring motion entirely. I don't like the bobbing up and down when out of the saddle pedaling, but I like the look.

I just got lucky and scored a nice collection of beehive springer parts! An eBay seller luckily took my offer on this collection and has taken some stress away from my build. I would like to use the Monark springer but it needs some welding, some straightening and some rethreading to make it work. This collection has several rocker brackets that I needed to complete the beehive I have. Seeing the “Pay Now” had me all excited.
IMG_5320.jpeg

Diggin' the tank!
Thanks! I felt it needed one. Feels naked otherwise ✌🏻
I put solid rods in the middle of the springs on one of my builds to remove the spring motion entirely. I don't like the bobbing up and down when out of the saddle pedaling, but I like the look.
Thank you for the tip! I like some motion but not sure how this springer will feel. ✌🏻

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of soft springers. An alternative to fitting the solid rods is to shim the springs and do the nut up further which passes through the springs. I did this on a Schwinn springer and it stiffened the fork considerably.
Thank you for the tip! If I can get it functioning I will try that out. ✌🏻

Tank is looking cool. Great parts score too.

Back