team X,,, XO1

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The all important fire control panel.
bikebuildlatest004.jpg

Rick your giving the house away,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I see your paint got a few nick's in it, I have two can's of that green paint, I'll bring it with me Thursday the 4th,,,,,
Call me if you need to.
Skid King
So the Build Goes on............
Renagade Muscle Bikes
Ride them like we like it Fast and Rough

I bought the water slide decals on ebay a couple of years ago. I scanned them and used photoshop to clean up the scan. The original had some color missing and other issues. That really stinks that your Cyclone got stolen. What would someone do with a stolen one-off bike like that?

OK Teams
This is the second test in your bike build.
Thursday the 4th you must be at the alki Tavern to get pictures and to let the public see your build for the first time,
6:00pm September 4th is the time to show up.
New Belgin is giving a party in your names to let people see your build's.
See you there,
Renagade muscle.com
[email protected]
Skid King

Also you can post your pictures on Sunday the 31st but not before the 9:00pm hour,
The Sponcors will be watching and this will count as part of your build point's.
You must follow all rules from this point on. It's a Must.
Renagade Muscle.com
[email protected]
Skid King

Sorry folks but my camera is on the fritz. You will have to wait till we get to the Alki tavern to see the finished machine.
Rick...

Well my camera is still fighting me. I had a friend come over and take some pictures but since then we have been playing phone tag. The machine is ready and can be seen on Thurs. the 4th at around 6pm at The Alki Tavern. Then of course at Goldies on airport way on the following Sunday during the bike swap/show and shine. My plan from the start was to stick to the asigned "Underground Bicycle Culture" theme. I think we did just that and we are happy with the results. I have had a look several times at the oponents machine. It is a sweet sweet ride, and we will be hard pressed to win this contest. But these are two very different machines concieved by two teams who at the begining had no idea what the other was up to. What it will come down to is the frame of mind of the judges and the crowd. The metal work and enginuity of the Mad Hammer is undeniable. The quality of workmanship beyond reproach. But the XO1 is an animal of a different color. Nearly every part came from a yard full of rusty relics including the doner wooden canoe used to build the side car body, The rusty Hawthorn frame used for the side car chasis, the decreped old Shwinn frame and forks for the pilot bike, and all the hardware used to bolt, chicken wire, and weld the scattered parts into a whole. We used no high tech tools, skills,or for that matter not usualy the right tool or any skill at all . But the look of this machine will apeal we feel to the underground bicycle people it was intended to represent. I can take nothing away from the Mad hammer. No doubt we are up against stiff competition. Should team Blacksmith win we will accept the loss with all the sportsmanship that is to be expected . We will smile and shake hands and great the crowd with humble exceptance. Then find Larry in the parking lot and beat him sensless with a brick.
I guess I should let everyone know at this time that we of course were kidding and would not beat Larry with a brick, ,,,,,
it would be far more fitting to weylay him with a metal pipe.
Team X....

rick, well said. sorry i haven't been able to come see ya. i did call to see if you were around but got no answer. will try an make to the party, if not i will see ya on Sunday at the show.

Outlaw 8)

F@#$%ed Up Beyond All Repair.....Yep. those GI's gave us quite a few great little bits of slang. I guess when you spend weeks on end laying in a muddy fox hole waiting to spend more weeks in a muddy fox hole you have the time to finess the language to suit the emediate populations attitude.
Rick...

Thanks Gerry. I am no technician, just an artist with selective patience.
Rick...

dude I love your bikes , I think I saw one of your creations on e-bay the Indian? I was wondering if you make your tanks ? I am building a board track replica of sorts with a 250cc v-twin (it will have gears) I need someone to build me a tank for a bike like the harley you built. Let me know .
oh ya love the copper.
squirrel

squirrel said:
dude I love your bikes , I think I saw one of your creations on e-bay the Indian? I was wondering if you make your tanks ? I am building a board track replica of sorts with a 250cc v-twin (it will have gears) I need someone to build me a tank for a bike like the harley you built. Let me know .
oh ya love the copper.
squirrel

Send me a PM and I'll get you in touch with Rick if he doesn't respond. He does build his own carbon fiber tanks for bikes...

Someone just posted this pic today on Facebook from Poulsbo, Washington. Great to see this beauty resurface after soooooo long!!!

46644859_10155765538625846_1724601786511130624_n.jpg

46525416_10155765538615846_3720041363144704000_n.jpg

Back