SWAMP RAT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just trying to help out.. The rear part where the two wheels meet and the lower seat bar or tube.. And what side are you going with the crank sprocket???

lets see. depends on what I decide to do. if I go a long chain, which I really don't like, the crank will be on the left side and this does line up with the rear sprocket which that wheel is on the left. now, if I decide to go with a JS, then I can keep the crank on the right side and use 2 short chains. the JS mounts right behind the seat post. in the pic's I have you can't see it as the seat post was too far back. I have since moved it forward so I can put the JS behind it. I'll take some better pic's of it later. thank you for your thoughts on this project. every little bit helps me to think things thru. remember, I am old an the brain doesn't work all that well.lol.

stay tuned.

Outlaw 8)

Re: SWAMP RAT(NEW PIC'S OF JS)

here is what I was trying to do. but since the 3 sp won't work with the coaster brake I am not doing this. I may build a new JS so I can still run the cranks in the right position an beable to use 2 chains instead of 1 long one. also my extended bar that I did instead of extending the bars themselfs. thanks for looking.

001-5.jpg

002-5.jpg

006-4.jpg

005-4.jpg

007-3.jpg

thats it for now. thanks for lookin. stay tuned for more progress.

Outlaw 8)

Is your mind set on running the 3 speed like this or would you consider running it on a rear wheel.??

my mind is never set on stuff like this. but yes it was. it's ok I can deal with a single. I don't want to put in a 3 sp in the back wheel. the rims on the back are from my 1941 Higgins and it has a coaster brake on it. besides it's all painted and I would have to buy spokes an it's just a pain right now. this bike when it gets done will be put up for sale. thanks for askin and it will be ok. I'll try an build a JS for it so the crank is on the right an like I said before I would rather run 2 chains then 1 long one. it will still be kool. keep on askin stuff, it keeps me on my toes.lol.

Outlaw 8)

Ok.. Well all and all it will look killer when done.. Can't wait to see this Swamp Rat rollin.. Killer work OUTLAW!!!

thanks araya, it will look good with or without a 3 sp.lol. have ya looked at STREET DIGGER yet. tell me what ya think about that one.

well all got more work to do on this one so just want to say thanks for lookin. now get ta buildin as Jake would say.lol.

Outlaw 8)

I think I did a quick run through it but I will deff check it out and leave my stamp of approval on there ... lol

haven't worked on this for awhile as I have been busy with STREET DIGGER an thats going slow at this time. has been really cold here and raining like crazy so can't weld. I think I have found a way to run a 3 sp on this. thinking about putting on 2 3pc cranks with sprokets on each side an running a chain on the right side to work the 3sp an a chain on the left going back to the rear sproket, yep a long chain, that way I can shift an can pedal back to engage my coaster brake. will have to see if I have enough parts.lol. thanks all for lookin.

Outlaw 8)

thanks Isaiah. this thing will be different. can't wait to see the new turbo bike. thanks all for lookin. HAPPY THANKGIVING TO ALL.

Outlaw 8)

Re: SWAMP RATnew pic's, 11/28/11

here is some pic's of what the drive train will be. had a hard time trying to figure out how to do a 3sp. so after alot of thinking I came up with this. wouldn't of been so hard if I wasn't running a coaster brake or if I would of put in a 3sp in the wheel but I don't have a 3sp coaster an didn't want to run rim brakes. so here is what will happen now. thanks for lookin. have a great week.

009-3.jpg

010-2.jpg

011-1.jpg

012.jpg

will take off the outter an inner chainrings and use the middle one's. thats all for now. thanks for lookin.

Outlaw 8)

Re: SWAMP RAT(new pic's, 11/28/11)

That drivetrain is going to look awesome.

Back