SWAMP RAT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SWAMP RAT ( PIC'S)

the left wheel has the sproket on it to the inside. the right wheel is a front wheel. going to see if I can hook up a 3 sp as a jack shaft.

yep, will have to watch making turns on it, sounds like a lot of fun. up on 2 wheels yippie, but I am sooo old I'll leave that for the yungin's to do that trick. lol. just finnished welding it all back together. now I need to see where some bracing needs to be placed. thats it for now. thanks for lookin. more pic's to follow.

Outlaw 8)

Re: SWAMP RAT ( PIC'S)

well got alot of the welds cleaned up today.trying on bars to see what I like. don't have enough to look at and the one I like I will have to heat up an bring em a little closer, just a tad to wide. made a bracket for the 3 sp. have an extra sprocket to put on the other side to weld up. just alot of little stuff to do. have to find a seat for it also. find where the BB will go and get enough clearence for the cranks. don't want em to low as I am chasing the croc's, they might like my feet.lol. so nothing to show yet, but soon. thanks for lookin.

Outlaw 8)

couldn't use the rims in the pic. the nipples just won't come off. yep, I tried everything I know. so I found my rims for my 41' higgins that I will use. I cleaned em up an found a can of spray paint called stone. it gives a stone feel to it. sprayed that on. have to get another can to finish. then I am going to spray that with moss green to give em that allygator look an feel to em. I'll take pic's of the stone look then pic's of em finnished with the moss green look. should have a fun look to em. I'll show those gators an ally's not to mess with my wheels as they'll be as tough as they are.lol. also found another seat I like that has all the springs in the seat. so that will be bare an just sittin on those springs, owee that felt good.lol. that's it RATTERS till another time. soon, with pic's.

thanks for lookin. stay tuned as ya all know what's comin.

SWAMP RAT

Outlaw 8)

have looked for the last couple of days for the stone paint. wow, that was a hard find. finaly found it an got 2 cans of it. now I can finnish the rims.will post pic's of what the stone looks like then with the moss green. sooo stay tuned, work will resume tommorow, as long as it don't rain.lol. yuck.

Outlaw 8)

Now you are thinking outside the box. This will be a cool setup if the handling works around corners.

thanks Cman. it will be alright, I am thinking about putting a roll bar on it.lol. an with lites on top of that. got to see where the gators are an going as I chase em.ya know.lol. the only prob I am going to have is, there ain't no gators here in the PNW.lol. guess I'll just take it to the store for beer. it's a straight shot.
hey all, thanks for lookin. stay tuned cause the :

SWAMP RAT is comin.

Outlaw 8)

Re: SWAMP RAT(RIMS DONE)

ok, here is one of the rims. the other 2 are the same. I primered em dark gray, then I put on a coat of stone paint to give it texture, then I put on a coat of moss green. the first 2 pic's are of the stone, look close an you can see the texture of em, then the next 2 are with the moss green, look close an you can see the texture is still there. soooo, here are the pic's.

116.jpg

117.jpg

118.jpg

119.jpg

hope ya like em. they are kinda kool, I think. anyways, thanks for lookin. more progress soon.

Outlaw 8)

thanks Jimmy for lookin. can't wait till this one is done. should be a fun ride.

well no 3 sp going on this. I welded on another sproket on the other side to drive the rear wheel but the other side won't let me come backward to brake the coaster. so no JS on this bike. I may be able to hook up a 5 sp to it so will see about that. well thanks all for lookin. stay tuned for more progress reports , soon

SWAMP RAT will be a comin for your enjoyment.

Outlaw 8)

thanks Randy. yeah they do look kool. not sure what color I am doing with the frame. I made an extension on the handle bar neck so it would come back further instead of extending the handlebars an painted the bars an neck hammered black to stay with the rough bumpy look. thanks for lookin. will get pic's of the bar setup today. they were still wet yesterday an its really cold here so paint not drying that fast.lol.
stay tune for more of:

SWAMP RAT

Outlaw 8)

Interesting set up. I like it and curious on the chain drive set up.. Any drawn out plan for the project.??

no, it all just comes out of my head. sometimes it works, sometimes not.lol. I grew up building an ridin choppers but they were easy to do. this for me is alittle harder. but then again, I am old an ma brain don't work to well.lol. if ya read about the 3 sp it didn't work. thougt I could maybe put in a 5 sp. that won't work either so just will do a single. I think my gears are 44 in front an 20 in the back. that should do it for this old man.lol. the drive wheel is the left one so the sproket will be on the left side too. unless I find a couple of sprokets then I'll do a direct JS and keep the front sproket on the right an use the JS to run the left wheel. I don't like long chain runs if I can help it. we will see. thanks.

Outlaw 8)

Could you do a two sprocket drive on shaft rite behind the lower seat post.? Kinda almost like a trike set up.. You could use like a flip flop hub sorta say. Crank chain on one side of the hub and the side of the hub run a chain to the rear wheel sprocket.. Just a thought.???

araya, tried that out today. with the 3 sp I can't stop it from free wheeling backwards to have the other sprocket go backward to apply the rear brake. I tried to put 2 sprokets together on the left side but everything is too close. thanks.

Outlaw 8)

Ray69, thanks for lookin. didn't get to take any pic's today. was busy trying to rig up a 3 sp. just not going to work. so I have a couple of sprokets that I think I will put together and run a jack shaft. that way I can keep my drive side on the right and run 2 shorter chains instead of 1 long one. will try an get pic's tommorow. have a lot of other stuff to do so will see. thanks all for lookin. progress is coming along but slowly.lol. rememer I am old. stay tuned for more reports.

Outlaw 8)

OUTLAW said:
araya, tried that out today. with the 3 sp I can't stop it from free wheeling backwards to have the other sprocket go backward to apply the rear brake. I tried to put 2 sprokets together on the left side but everything is too close. thanks.

Outlaw 8)
Then I think what you will need is a fixed gear on both ends of the hub instead of a free wheel on one end and a fixed on the other...

don't think that will work with a 3 sp. no way to fix it. nice ideas. thanks.

Outlaw 8)

Can you post a pick of what you got going on with the rear section.. Just curious and to get my gears going, You know..

Back