Suicide Straightbar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a bike a ive been working on. Its a 1953 schwinn straightbar frame with balloon forks slightly bent forward. the gooseneck was chopped 3/4" to fit down the fork tube. the rims are aluminium painted brown with new stainless spokes and a bendix coaster in the rear. still not sure on what seat to use. ill keep u posted. enjoy!
Rawbert9

Rawbert9

Rawbert9

Yes those are whitewall Carlisle lightning darts!

Did you copy the "IMG code" at the bottom of the page of the pic you want? That's all I do, then paste it into the post and it works fine.

I tried to alter yours to get it to work, but couldn't figure it out. I'll keep working on it.

thanks 62Higgins for gettin the pic up. as for the fork yes i did bend it. i put it in a vise and used a long pipe, put it over the steer tube, and bent it to desired angle.

RawBert said:
thanks 62Higgins for gettin the pic up. as for the fork yes i did bend it. i put it in a vise and used a long pipe, put it over the steer tube, and bent it to desired angle.

I was trying to bend an old Schwinn fork a couple of weeks ago and couldn't do it....now I see what I was doing wrong. :mrgreen:

Ah yes, I dig the straightbars too...I have a very patina'ed '48 w/the planes & trains headbadge, wait to you see what I've done to it...Where did you find the invisible chain? I've been searching....

That is a Sweetie!

I recognize the Indian Head and Lightning logo as being Carlisle Tires.

I got a set here for my next project but mine are blackwalls...still got the nubs like new,but they are as hard as a rock.

Back