Street skinny cruiser thread!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not finished yet but...

photo-24.jpg

Are there any all white or cream 26 x 1 3/8" tires that are cheaper than $30 a pop? If so, where can I get them?

My Sears (canada) bike .... dont know the tire size ... they are too flaky to read ....
IMG_5194.JPG

Oops...
My mistake!

Soooooo, my skeme went the wrong way huh..? I was hoping to generate more of this:

kathy-ireland-bicycle.jpg

:wink: :wink:

But seriously D-man, do you really think my bike started a wrong trend on this thread? If so, than I'm genuinely sorry.
:oops:
I probably just got inspired to post my bike on this thread because of these bikes that all came way before mine...:

skinny_1.jpg

skinny_2.jpg

skinny_3.jpg

Seriously, people started pushing envelopes since page 2...
:wink:

deorman said:
All in fun my friend, just yankin' a few chains. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah, good to know deorman! :) In return I tried my best to sneak up on you from behind and pull YOUR chain. :D

However I did feel kinda bad about this... and it made me think about your thread and what it is REALLY about...
It reminded me of THE BIKE that seriously triggered my lust for custom bicycles years ago. It is a Schwinn. It runs a skinny up front (real skinny :wink: ), and it is build by a fellow Dutchman who runs a customshop called JBSpecials. I had to dig deep into my archives and I know I have more pics of it, but couldn't find em but this one:

schwinn-large02.jpg

^ perfect...

(just trying to get the thread on the right tracks again :) )

That Rudge is sweet Kingstring, looks like a tall frame. I thought I put my skinny tire cruiser in this thread but I couldn't find it, maybe I missed it again sorry if this is a repete. It is also Rudge but of '58. It was a interesting build for me and opened up my eyes to the abundant English bikes.

GrungeRudge-003.jpg

JK_06.jpg

Graylock

Graylock said:
That Rudge is sweet Kingstring, looks like a tall frame. I thought I put my skinny tire cruiser in this thread but I couldn't find it, maybe I missed it again sorry if this is a repete. It is also Rudge but of '58. It was a interesting build for me and opened up my eyes to the abundant English bikes.

GrungeRudge-003.jpg

JK_06.jpg

Graylock
I love this bike. To me, it shows true "outside of the box" thinking. I have a similar bike stashed in the shed to do something like that later on when time permits (perhaps w/ tweed for those "Tweed Runs" I've always wanted to try). Great inspiration Graylock!

Thanks StepChld, I took this bike to the car show at the Elks Club yesterday and got a lot of comments and questions and drew out closet Rat Bike Builders. One in particular was a late twenty's pony tailed young man that had built many a rat bike as a kid, even made a trailer for his bike to sneak in the back way to the dump for after hours pick up. A little tear came to my eye........ 8) He has only one of his builds left which was discribed as a military USAF WWII Corsair ..., the kid has noted that he's not alone anymore in Rat Rod Bikes. (thanks Steve).

............As a note to you StepChld, to remind you this is cloth applied to the frame, your tweed idea sounds really cool. Someone from Holland remarked to me that he wanted to do one in guitar amp speaker cloth. Hopefully this winter I will turn a ladies Gazzelle into a paisley print for a girl friend for the Grunge Rudge. Maybe they'll have beatifull children. :wink: Any help you need with the build drop me a PM and answer any questions.

Graylock

after I got it cleaned up, I figured I better just leave it alone... I did put a Sturmey S2c on it tho... :roll:
DSC03898.jpg

Last edited:
Back