Street skinny cruiser thread!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1manta said:
Schwinn 26 x 1.25 cruiser
DSC_0008.jpg

I love the way your bike looks. Nice, Simple, and Clean.

wow! those are great bikes guys and i thought i was the only guy using 26x 1 3/8 tires they seem to cruise real smooth don,t they so much easier than wide meat, by the way where do i get 26 x 1 3/8 whitewalls? :?: :shock:

Hey guys! This is my skinny. I don't know anything about it other than I like it and it rides surprisingly smooth. I have tried to find something out about it on a couple search's but didn't turn up anything. If anyone knows anything I would appreciate it :D
SSPX0769.jpg
SSPX0767.jpg

Here I was thinking I had the only one of those... I've got an Olympic ladies model in my basement. Similar vintage... early 60's. Mines a 26x1-3/8- wheeled single speed coaster brake cruiser. They were German made, not the most rugged bike but had some unique features. My ladies model has a "tailfin" chainguard, in white, and blue stripes rolled into the aluminum fenders. And, very weird for a lightweight, a teardrop tank. Super strange bike... and yeah I need to get pics of it.

I don't know who sold them.
--Rob

Cameo Carrier said:
Hey guys! This is my skinny. I don't know anything about it other than I like it and it rides surprisingly smooth. I have tried to find something out about it on a couple search's but didn't turn up anything. If anyone knows anything I would appreciate it :D
SSPX0769.jpg
SSPX0767.jpg

snarehead123 said:
wow! those are great bikes guys and i thought i was the only guy using 26x 1 3/8 tires they seem to cruise real smooth don,t they so much easier than wide meat, by the way where do i get 26 x 1 3/8 whitewalls? :?: :shock:
Yes they are smooth and fast and alot of fun to bomb downhill streets. Neighborhood dogs cant keep up :D .Roll them skinnies!

Thank you for pointing out a year range nlctvwguy! Mine has ribbed fenders too and so I thought that it was earlier. Like I said....I know nothing about it. I would love to see pics of yours though. Mine also has the 26x1 and 3/8ths tires so thank you for the heads up on the tires Deorman and Jonvo4591.

1941 (?) Schwinn New World. My new skinny tire bike. The fork is a Suntour with a Ritchey headset and threadless stem. Wheels are Ridgida with a 3 spd SA rear. Seat is a Gyes. Great ride, needs new tires!
Rear brake only, it's a Dia-Comp. The fork is on road/off road.

41306_1524650231180_1082367422_1477621_1860168_n.jpg

41306_1524650351183_1082367422_1477624_1438151_n.jpg

There's still work to be done, needs new tires, pedals, seatpost and seat.
origianal a three speed, but changed the wheels with some racing wheels I have converted from nine speed to single speed.

DSC00022-1.jpg

DSC00023-1.jpg

Hey Hodad, those bikes look beautiful! Nice lines on both of them. Have you made the frame on the neckbraker as well? :)

It looks like another way to do this

GR-RearWheel.jpg

using a track gear. You may want to redish the wheel to get the chain line but thats not hard to do. Yah that and jump on the frame to get the skinnier hub to fit :roll:
Looks good what you got.

Graylock

Here's one I picked up the other day...

IMG_4068.jpg

The guy I bought it from did a quick mod job...Not bad...What caught my eye was the rear hub:

IMG_4070.jpg

IMG_4071.jpg

I'm gonna take it in a 'retro roadbike' direction...More pics to come...

bikeriderx said:
jan said:
What kind of hub is that??

It was a 9 speed, but I removed the cassette and used a singlespeed cog instead, and added alot of spacers to fill out the space left where the old casette was.
I found the wheel in a dumbster, It's from a "Centurion Oxygen"

Here's mine:

mix_175.jpg

^ This used to be my Billet Bullet RRBBO#4 bike. I've finally found some skinny whitewalls!

mix_179.jpg

^ Both are 28" racingwheels with a slightly fatter regular adult bike-size on the rear (Schwalbe-Road Cruiser), and a skinny racingsize on the front (Schwalbe Lugano).

mix_174.jpg

^ For those who like numbers...

More build pics at my Billet Bullet buildthread:
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=15850

Latest posts

Back