Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(DONE!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(PANEL IS DONE)

:shock:
I'm thinkin perfection right now double nickle.
What are the handlebars like?
When finished, I'd spray parts of the bike with that fake snow stuff from x-mas, like if it had just rode on Bonneville. Just a thought :mrgreen: maybe it looks right.

I fake a lot of stuff when it comes to bikes. The frame was bright shiny metal until it sat in the weather with some salt water sprayed on it, so you can bet that I'm going to come up with some kinda fake...well ya know(Salt/sand?). Anyways the bars have been changed. I'm going to use a half moon shaped boardtracker setup :wink:

Just read through all the pages...man,this bike is friggin' AWESOME!!!! I was sitting here tonight wondering if I (being of the procrastinating sort) still had time to enter the build-off,knowing it would be my very first ever build...then I see this and shake my head "nope" to myself :shock: :lol:

NICE work on it so far,you have mad skillz,sir :mrgreen:

speed_demon_lg.jpg

rSpeedDemon-1.jpg

Double Nickle said:

:shock: WOW YOU GOT A TON OF WORK DONE ON THIS THING!!! But I have to ask, is it rideable?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i have seen that car close up talk about tight living guarters

Re: Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(Drop-out work)

Trying to get the front end down without making new drop-outs!.

P6240066.jpg

P6240067.jpg

P6240064.jpg

can you weld? what if you filled the drop outs then drilled a new hole center between the pivots? you cant go any lower than what u did now or your gonna get into the front pivot. looks good just careful lol.

Incredible build! I love the aging on the stickers. I haven't seen a fork like this in person and don't know how it goes together. Can you just shorten the truss/spring rods by cutting or maybe adding a decorative curve or bend? or maybe longer bolts and additional springs or spacers. It might be dangerous to ride, but just for show maybe flip the dropouts upside down.

I like the stance as is. almost a gasser feel.

gasser look hmmmm i had not thought about that. his issue is the spring is soft so radical lowering like other goof balls on here (ummmm me) have done. toss it back together and see where it sits

karfer67 said:
gasser look hmmmm i had not thought about that. his issue is the spring is soft so radical lowering like other goof balls on here (ummmm me) have done. toss it back together and see where it sits

Well, although I love the look, a salt flats racer wouldn't want the frond end up gasser style. You do have a point with needing to figure things out before modifying. I have to admit to being one of those goofballs at times too. Without a stop, you would need to measure the farthest possible travel and only lower to just higher than that. :|

This thing will always be awesome at any stance :D

on mine the stop is the ground when i whack the pedals lol :shock:

DON'T DO IT! STAY IN SCHOOL!! oh wait....nevermind. :oops:

Latest posts

Back