Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(DONE!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(Its all here!)

Double Nickle said:
What else? Any ideas? I was thinking of antiquing all the stripes to make them look really old but I'm not sure of it.

the fender and skirts had a nice amount of rusty patina which let the brush ride over the bumps and made the stripes kinda look antiqued. 8) its lookin sharp man! what a cool piece.

Man great build, but I expected no less from you! Those fender skirts.... geeze, so much mojo. I am starting to wonder what I will do for the paint on my project. I wish it had this sort of original patina.

Mojo up the wazoo man!

blackdiamond said:
The tank bothers me a little tho..... :idea:

Me too! I hate them! don't be surprised if I get the right ones for it before this build is over!

I'm looking at some on eBay right now that is actually for the color flow,My frame. Well see what happens :wink:

ummmm sir? 23 pages and more posts than the discussion? yea i would say so. hey did greg send stickers? that was a total bone head move on my part

karfer67 said:
ummmm sir? 23 pages and more posts than the discussion? yea i would say so. hey did greg send stickers? that was a total bone head move on my part
I havent got them yet but im sure they are on the way!

I'm really considering buying a set of color flow tanks. Would it be the right move?

Double, i'm going to offer a bit of criticism. Coming from this side of the bike, as a third party. I see a tremendous amount of effort placed into a bicycle. Wonderful hot rod artistry placed on different panels, and nicely chosen parts. But i see all these objects separately, there seems like there should be a tie to everything. when i look at the speed demon it doesn't look like a sleek bonneville roadster it seems to have all the parts fighting each other. good luck dude.

Double Nickle said:
I'm looking at some on eBay right now that is actually for the color flow,My frame. Well see what happens :wink:
thanks for the tip,tyler! :p just messing with ya. im going tankless this year. heed gaskills advice about your parts working in harmony. he knows what hes talking about! :wink:

gaskill said:
Double, i'm going to offer a bit of criticism. Coming from this side of the bike, as a third party. I see a tremendous amount of effort placed into a bicycle. Wonderful hot rod artistry placed on different panels, and nicely chosen parts. But i see all these objects separately, there seems like there should be a tie to everything. when i look at the speed demon it doesn't look like a sleek bonneville roadster it seems to have all the parts fighting each other. good luck dude.
I know man. Ive seen what your talking about. I'm just trying to think how to fix it!

Double Nickle said:
gaskill said:
I know man. Ive seen what your talking about. I'm just trying to think how to fix it!

Send all of the parts that aren't working well together to other members to use on their builds and start over.

udallcustombikes said:
Double Nickle said:
gaskill said:

Send all of the parts that aren't working well together to other members to use on their builds and start over.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(New Plans)

OK guys after a long weekend by the pool I know now that the tanks need to go. I will be replacing them with panels. Also I will be switching around the bars, trying to see if a shorter set fits the look a little better!

Stay tuned :wink:

I would keep the tanks. In my humble opinion, two things don´t quite match the rest. Bars and headlight.
Before changing the tanks I would try removing/replacing those parts.
Other thing that could help bring this one closer to Bonneville is to relocate saddle hight or position.
Just some ideas... :D

Gdcast said:
I would keep the tanks. In my humble opinion, two things don´t quite match the rest. Bars and headlight.
Before changing the tanks I would try removing/replacing those parts.
Other thing that could help bring this one closer to Bonneville is to relocate saddle hight or position.
Just some ideas... :D
thanks for the input! yes As we speak im working on slaming the seat.

Glad to help Bro, good luck with that seat!

I tried something new today and it blew my mind how much this bike needed this change. I'm not going to show pictures untill its finished but The Speed Demon is back on track and picking up SPEED :wink:

P.s. Dont worry all the parts that have been pinstriped are still all there and in use. But I will say that the tanks will no longer be used.

Re: Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(New direction)

Rusty panel cut from a sheet of 1/4 inch steel 8)

P6080677.jpg

P6080678.jpg

Re: Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(Killer Padel!)

Liking the tank plate, be sure to spray the straps that are holding it with some salt water and set it in the sun for a couple days.
Cuz, on this bike...new=bad... :mrgreen:

Any plans to stripe it? Maybe do some lettering again and 'age' it.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Back