Storage Wars = Fake? NO WAY!!! :-)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOS ANGELES — Some of the valuables found hidden in abandoned lockers on A&E's "Storage Wars" have been added by producers to deceive viewers, a former cast member of the show claims in a lawsuit filed Tuesday.

David Hester's suit claims producers have added a BMW Mini and newspapers chronicling Elvis Presley's death to lockers in order to build drama for the show and that his complaints about the practices led to his firing.

Hester is seeking more than $750,000 in his wrongful termination, breach of contract and unfair business practices lawsuit. A&E Television Network declined comment, citing the pending lawsuit.

"Storage Wars" follows buyers who bid for abandoned storage lockers hoping to find valuables tucked inside.

"A&E regularly plants valuable items or memorabilia," the lawsuit states. Hester's suit claims he was fired from participating in the series' fourth season after expressing concerns that manipulating the storage lockers for the sake of the show was illegal.

He claims that producers stopped adding items to his units after his initial complaints but continued the practice for other series participants. The lawsuit alleges entire units have been staged and the practice may violate a federal law intended to prevent viewers from being deceived when watching a show involving intellectual skills.

"Storage Wars" depicts buyers having only a few moments to look into an abandoned unit before deciding on whether to bid on it at auction. The lawsuit claims some of the auction footage on the show is staged.

Hester, known as "The Mogul" on the show, has been buying abandoned storage units and re-selling their contents for 26 years, according to the suit.

Nielsen Co. has ranked "Storage Wars" among cable television's top-ranked shows several times since its 2010 debut.

Ratfink1962 said:
True.... so in essence, he is sueing them because they helped him out?

I thought cutthroat Hester was all about the money??? lol :mrgreen:

Well, you said he is suing for $750,000 ... that's money right :lol:

I couldn't watch that show, when they just pull out junk and say "that's $50" , "there's a hundred dollars" .... for absolute junk, same reason I only watch American Pickers for what they dig up, not for what they buy/appraise it at. It's all scripted. Some is just more entertaining but almost none of it is believable to me anymore.

Rat Rod said:
Only that guy would be a big enough jerk to sue A&E....ha ha. :lol:

YYYUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPP!

Doesn't surprise me one bit. I am starting to think ALL these shows are staged. Especially after the civil war belt buckle with the bullet in it that appeared on about every show they had. :roll:

All in the name of TV. :roll:

Personally I'd love to see an episode where Dave Hester buys a locker for a bunch of money and it ALL turn out to be trash. :lol:

"the practice may violate a federal law intended to prevent viewers from being deceived when watching a show involving intellectual skills"

Wont step foot in court as there is no "intellectual skills" anywhere in reality TV.

Ichoptop said:
Wont step foot in court as there are no "intellectual skills" anywhere in reality TV.

:lol: I about died laughing from that.

Saw Hester @ pamona swapmeet selling "YUUUUP!!" Tshirts. Just walked rite past that #*@&%.
Was selling some stuff @ ebay prices too.

It's kind of funny that there are so many pages of chatter about these soap operas between this thread and the recent ones on the chopper build off and such. We sound like a bunch of old bitties talking about their "stories". Fun stuff.

Just an observation. I watch the same shows, but the only reality to any of this is that these are nothing but characters created from the same molds used by Vince McMahon , Days of Our Lives, or MTVs Real World

I read an e-mail from A&E to a concerned viewer about the show being staged and their reply was basically "What led you to believe you were watching real life?" haha Nowhere before, after, or during the show do they swear to you that the show is reality. It is entertainment based on reality (like ALL other TV programs, the news included) and anyone who feels "duped" from watching TV, is indeed duped.

yoothgeye said:
I read an e-mail from A&E to a concerned viewer about the show being staged and their reply was basically "What led you to believe you were watching real life?" haha Nowhere before, after, or during the show do they swear to you that the show is reality. It is entertainment based on reality (like ALL other TV programs, the news included) and anyone who feels "duped" from watching TV, is indeed duped.
DUPED that hilarious anybody with a kindergarden education would see it's all fake

big kountry said:
yoothgeye said:
DUPED that hilarious anybody with a kindergarden education would see it's all fake

Well if you've seen that Jeff Foxworthy show most adults are not smarter than a 5th grader. :lol:

outskirtscustoms said:
Well if you've seen that Jeff Foxworthy show most adults are not smarter than a 5th grader. :lol:

But most adults were a 5th grader at some point... Where is the tipping point at which they start degrading?

Back