Steady Bicycle??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mostly on eBay (seller ijt64) and here.

1713355757854.png

^^although I just got a new shipment from my molder and once again had to raise prices. Labor and materials keep going up. When I first started selling these in 2010, they were $13 shipped.

Anyboby buy one of these?
I would consider buying a frame only, but they don't appear to retail those...yet.

FYI

photo

Steady Bicycles

Wed, Apr 17 at 10:04 AM

Hi Matt and Mary,

Unfortunately we no longer sell individual frame and fork sets. The main reason being - due to low quality Chinese bike factories / companies trying to purchase our bike frames to mimick, or try to copy similarily.

Hope all is well and thanks for checking out our brand!

Most sincerely,

Chris @ Steady Bicycle Company
(760) 435 - 9525
https://www.steadybicyclecompany.com
STEADY BICYCLE COMPANY - CAFE RACER AND RAT ROD BEACH CRUISER BIKES
Steady Bicycle Company - Cafe Racer and Rat Rod Bikes. Specializing in Classic Beach Cruisers and Vintage Beach Cruiser Bikes. Old Fashioned Cafe Racer, Rat Rod and Boardtrack Style Beach Cruiser and City Bikes. Cafe Racer Cruisers and City Bike Sales. Old-Fashioned Quality You Can County On! Old School Bikes.
www.steadybicyclecompany.com

FYI

photo

Steady Bicycles

Wed, Apr 17 at 10:04 AM

Hi Matt and Mary,

Unfortunately we no longer sell individual frame and fork sets. The main reason being - due to low quality Chinese bike factories / companies trying to purchase our bike frames to mimick, or try to copy similarily.

Hope all is well and thanks for checking out our brand!

Most sincerely,

Chris @ Steady Bicycle Company
(760) 435 - 9525
https://www.steadybicyclecompany.com
STEADY BICYCLE COMPANY - CAFE RACER AND RAT ROD BEACH CRUISER BIKES
Steady Bicycle Company - Cafe Racer and Rat Rod Bikes. Specializing in Classic Beach Cruisers and Vintage Beach Cruiser Bikes. Old Fashioned Cafe Racer, Rat Rod and Boardtrack Style Beach Cruiser and City Bikes. Cafe Racer Cruisers and City Bike Sales. Old-Fashioned Quality You Can County On! Old School Bikes.
www.steadybicyclecompany.com
Well... Real nice that they spent time to be polite & answer your inquiry AND say why, instead of mere fluff.

From their website...

... which sounds like pretty clear code for, 'Made in Taiwan'.

High tensile steel is not high quality. The limited production is one reason for the higher prices. None of the economies of scale production to keep mfg cost down.

Latest posts

Back