started a new one

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive had this bike for quite some time, i bought it from my at the time boss. it had sat in the basement for 40 some odd years. thats when i found it. it was pretty rough, but complete. anway, its a 51 schwinn b.f. goodrich. it began today, it received a 5 1/2 inch stretch, next im going to extend the fenders so they are within a few inches of the ground, then stretch the chain guard to fit right againt. the key to this project is not to have it look like a kustom bike, so im going to re-do the bike in the stock paint scheme( which i love) anyway, here it is, ill post more pictures when i get her closer to finished

RR_013-1.jpg

by the way, anyone know where i can get another skip tooth chain?

WHAT THE ....?! YOU CUT THAT?!?! OUCCCCCCCCCCCCH!!!

AWSOME IFF you could video tape it [ and call it a Schwinn that would be great to post on the Schwinn Site :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WOLF pinstriping said:
lifes to short to have stock anything! that goes for the cars i build too

couldn't agree more If i could only count the number of krates and rays i've turned into lowriders for people. I'm the type of person that would take a mint 32 ford and cut it up till it was what i wanted to drive.

i KNOW Man i like customs but that bike was beautiful :( Oh well we will see what becomes of it, Should Be sweet.

being what it was, i had no fear of cutting it up...if it were a black pantom however, i simply woulnt have cut it up, id'a sold it then bought more i could cut up :lol:

Yipes! I have a '50 BF Goodrich that turned out to be a weird respray, and have been kind of bummed about it. I wish we could have worked out some sort of frame trade.

bf1.jpg

Can you at least post pics of sparks flying or saw cutting through :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wolf,Your post/pic gives me mixed emotions...

1) If you're really good at fabricating,dont cut up a flatbar.Use a more common cantilever...

2) Schwinn built thousands of those frames and yours was "lost" for all these years...may have been forever.

3) Its YOUR bike now.DO WHAT YOU WANT.

I'll pick #3.

heres the progress so far, made the custom seat tube this morning... as of right now it looks sketchy, but its only in mock up form. oh, and i wont have the apes, im going to run the beach bars on this one.
cruiser1002.jpg

I like the way that flows so far. I think the bars help make it at the moment, lets see pics both ways.

Can't wait to see it complete.

62H

The apes ( and I'm a Flipped Bar,Board Tracker freak ) are what
caught my eye right away!!!

It has a Greasy,50's Style Bobber look to it.

I Love those Bars.....if you switch them out,
ship them To Bellingham and I'll buy them :wink:

peace,
Kev.

Latest posts

Back