Spyder parts bike ID and build ideas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I recently picked up this Sears Spyder parts bike that was thrown in with a Buzz Bike that I bought. I'm trying to figure out what year it is but searching the forums has only been mildly helpful. @CRASH told me this is basically a Huffy Dragster. But the Sears versions don't have Huffy serial numbers, just Sears part numbers. I'm thinking it's mid 60s-ish. Any ideas? The forks that came with it are from a Murray I think. I'm planning to build this up for the next MBBO and am trying to come up with a plan so I can gather parts accordingly. There's too many great build styles. A drag fork and tall sissy bar would be cool. I like the idea of a drag style build with wheelie bar and chute. 5 speed I think too. Maybe apes, maybe something different. Any suggestions? I'm kind of liking the idea of black rims. Fat rear tire and skinny 16" or 22" on the front. Wild metalflake paint would be fun. This frame was originally purple but I don't know if I'll keep that color. Should be a fun build.
1712503434903.png

1712503638202.png

Latest posts

Back