spending my tax refund (Stealth Bomber updated)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: spending my tax refund (fresh pics)

Thanks guys, I am quite proud of my collection, and it brings me great joy. And it's really nice to have options for riding to work. I commute every day, and nothing makes it more fun than a sweet bike to ride.

On Saturday the weather was beautiful so I spent some time on the big, black-tanked Spaceliner muscle bike and put a lot of miles on it:
2447191342_ac9d58572b.jpg

My tradition has been to take the new bikes out on a lap around New Street. I stopped on the corner here to pick up some groceries. The highback sissy bar is actually useful for strapping a bookbag full of groceries to.

Onward!

2446363583_3a3a8394f7.jpg

2447196096_7a3ef479a6.jpg

2447201012_bff36a7380.jpg

bear fix bike.

2446378407_4d5737c93c.jpg

on a trip to the future

So after a day of riding it around with this set up (and getting weird looks and shouts from cars like "nice monkey bars!"), I decided that I wasn't entirely sold on the banana and sissy bar, looked weird with this size bike and was uncomfortable for longer rides.. Luckily I had an extra Spaceliner sping saddle and rear rack.

2447307844_1b9d8d3e83.jpg

I like this much better. I took it for a ride and it feels a lot more comfortable. Sorry for the terrible indoor pics but I did this after it got dark and my good camera is still busted.

2447310474_25e52c027c.jpg

I decided to call this one the Stealth Bomber, after I took it out for a late night ride in the dark and felt invisible. I am going to rattle can the rear rack to black, but paint the front part of the tank silver. I also have some black grips that will be perfect for it. It goes well with my other Spaceliner right behind it with the red tank. Better pics soon!

Re: spending my tax refund (more fresh pics)

don't worry, that silver seat and those silver grips are going on the SIlver Bullet, my childhood bike turned rat lowrider:

2313546795_58cb155f5c.jpg

I think they'll work much better on this bike, and be welcome replacements to the beat up seat and grips that are on there now...

:shock: :shock: Oh Boy Jmac-You've got it bad! I saw on another post your already trying to buy another! :lol: Impressive fleet though! What do the folks at the 'Worldwide leader' think of your rides? They seem like they would be the carbon fiber types! :wink:
L8 EM

Yeah, I have got Bike Acquisition Disorder! But there's not much else for me to do around here besides fixing up bikes and riding them around. So that's why my collection has tripled since I moved here in the end of January (the new salary might have helped too). I get weird looks in general when I roll onto company campus with a bike, but Thursday and Friday when I rode the gold Spyder to work was probably the best. They have no idea what they have in store for them, once I get a couple projects up and runnin ;)

I get weird looks around here also.Hardly any bike riders! It can't be the 8"goat & earings could it? :? But I can't blame you for grabbing those spaceliners up!They are COOL! I've been watching the bay to see what their going for.Not bad! If work ever picks up I might snag one!
L8 EM

JoeyMac said:
The tax-man was good to me this year, and with the economic stimulus package on top of that, I decided it was ok to splurge a little bit. Here's what I bought on ebay this past week, and should be arriving at my house any day now...

l_37906d56c645c4da43f7c4518e92e97c.jpg

a Sears Spyder, a different year than the purple one I got, looks to be a Spaceliner frame, I guess now we know what happened to all the Spaceliners at the end of the 60s.

and this one:
l_282f9074039277fb8285dc17e4ded802.jpg

and a 26" Spaceliner set up like a crazy muscle bike... the guy cut me a deal because he had it listed on his store for a couple of months. I think I might swap out some parts on this one, not sure if I will like this set up, we'll see once it's at my house.

I also got a bunch of parts for projects I am working on, but I will wait to show that stuff off :p

Nice to be stimulized, eh? :p
Like that Spaceliner, and one of my cousins had a Spyder that looked (by my really poor memory) exactly like that, except the chain was still on..

Nice finds..
Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

JoeyMac said:
2564156556_5d8758b321.jpg

a 1950 something or other
mid 50's ford aka a shoebox
now the picture at the school....did you use a fisheye lens? and what the heck is floating above the bike?!?!
the bike looks great :mrgreen:

sensor said:
2447196096_7a3ef479a6.jpg

now the picture at the school....did you use a fisheye lens? and what the heck is floating above the bike?!?!
the bike looks great :mrgreen:

The camera has a wide angle lens, but the building is also really curvy right there, that's why I keep shooting my bikes there.
2372366931_fab6109250.jpg

2375207143_31365bcb4b.jpg

I think that thing floating overhead is actually a light attached to the building.

I am glad you dig it! I definitely dig it myself :)

Or a surveilance camera...Ig-bay other-bray? :shock:
sensor said:
okay......the last pic makes it obvious that its a light :oops:
couldnt tell in the first pic

Back