spending my tax refund (Stealth Bomber updated)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tax-man was good to me this year, and with the economic stimulus package on top of that, I decided it was ok to splurge a little bit. Here's what I bought on ebay this past week, and should be arriving at my house any day now...

l_37906d56c645c4da43f7c4518e92e97c.jpg

a Sears Spyder, a different year than the purple one I got, looks to be a Spaceliner frame, I guess now we know what happened to all the Spaceliners at the end of the 60s.

and this one:
l_282f9074039277fb8285dc17e4ded802.jpg

and a 26" Spaceliner set up like a crazy muscle bike... the guy cut me a deal because he had it listed on his store for a couple of months. I think I might swap out some parts on this one, not sure if I will like this set up, we'll see once it's at my house.

I also got a bunch of parts for projects I am working on, but I will wait to show that stuff off :p

Re: spending my tax refund

Nice find...better than this:

Spend-Your-Tax-Refund-Here-1051.jpg

JoeyMac said:
RatFink said:
Nice find...better than this:

Spend-Your-Tax-Refund-Here-1051.jpg

luckily for me, I spend absolutely $0 on gas. Not owning a car is great! The only fuel I need is the fuel to keep my legs pumping. :D
Better eat fast!
aaa.gif

Oh yeah, Great bikes.

got stuff this week!

2440611960_aa996b3a89.jpg

Partially unpacked. Pretty dirty.

2440613278_ce67e54b78.jpg

after a quick clean-up, lube and assembly. It goes well with the purple Spyder I found on craigslist a couple months ago. I took it for a quick spin and it rides great!

2440614374_4f2f739617.jpg

This came the day after, I didn't take a before picture because I was too excited. It was disassembled and wrapped up like a xmas present, I couldn't resist ripping it open and throwing it together. I was actually surprised to realize that it actually has a 24" front wheel. I am not sure how I feel about that, I might change this back into a regular 26"er with a black saddle and the extra rear rack I got, and some really wide moon bars. For now, I will try it out as a big muscle bike. It rides ok, and is pretty fast (like my other 26" Spaceliner). Definitely got some weird looks in the neighborhood.

2439787993_a59a669e9a.jpg

I came home from my test ride on the black Spaceliner and switched to the Spyder to ride to work. I also installed the Down Low Glow tubes that came the same day.

2440616388_3099368c21.jpg

during the day they don't do a whole lot, but by the time I came home from work it was dark out. I also installed this old Sears speedometer I found:
2440617378_85e09f4e54.jpg

20mph on flat land on the way to work. Not sure how accurate it really is but it is fun. I know that modern headlight doesn't look right but I was actually commuting to work, so I need high power.

On the way home from work I got to fire up the DLG:
2439796833_9085e287a2.jpg

If you want to get weird looks from people when you ride, this is one way to do it. I also have dual superflash stealth tail lights for super visibility. Safety first!

2439801871_d43631e490.jpg

outside my apartment. I am stoked on my new rides. Yay bikes!

Re: spending my tax refund (fresh pics)

nice finds. The Spyder is cool. And the Superflash's should be called Superblind. I have a couple and they are bright

Wow, everything looks great

Now, that 24" wheel
as soon as i get money to buy that spaceliner...as far as i know..the wheel set could be yours

Awesome bike, maybe we should call you CAPTAIN SPACELINER! :lol: :lol: Great collection you got started there. I've seen guys got vintage lights and retrofit high intensity lights inside. Best of both worlds, good looks and adequate lighting.

Back