Skippy’s pics..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chas Roberts?! Magnificent as usual. Absolutely gorgeous crown, look at the post mount welds. I would love to see more

Also, what straddle block are you using on the cantis? I'm absolutely in hate with the system that Shimano uses
Chas roberts is correct 😉👌, one of the last ones Chas made before his son took over 🥰, the straddle block is iirc an avid unit .. yep agree about the shimano ones I really don’t like them at all, 🫣
DSC_6516.jpeg

I believe the "Moron/Big Butts" logo is from the twisted mind of Scot Nicol.
Yes I believe your correct, love the whole lighthearted , thought process that Scott and the Ibis cycles team have 🥰 , I’m sure I have an original ibis catalog somewhere 🤔, when I come across it I’ll post some pics up. 😉

You've lost your letters, will you be reapplying? Do you have a source for decals?
The ‘Middleburn’,was engraved into the crank arms , as they were so scratched a lot of material has had to be removed , or lightened 🤣 , I’m not fussed about having them re engraved and prefer the non ‘logo’d’ look tbh.. decals I’ve used a few companies but H Lloyd have been very accommodating along with Indiprint 😉👍

@Skippy
What’s going on there? Is that an aluminum cast head bound to composite tube?
sort of yes.. headtube , bottom bracket and other areas have cast alloy parts, the tubes that appear carbon , are in fact the manufactures own alloy tubeset wrapped in carbon Kevlar composite material, the overall frame weight is quite hefty but does give that reassurance of a quality and well made product.

I was going to do a post on this bike at some point but if youd like more pics in the meantime let me know 😉

Latest posts

Back