Ski-Bike (New Video)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not too long ago my friend sent me a link on face book about this bike kit you could buy to make your bike really snow worthy. What it did was replaced your front wheel with a ski and then had a bolt on apparatus for the back that turned it into a caterpillar belt typed thing much like a snowmobile. Now that is cool and everything but it was around $800.00. I thought to myself, I have this walmart full suspension bike and a set of old skis. And of course I have lots of random bike parts so I decided to make my own. I will save you the trouble of explaining everything and just give you the pictures. If you want to know anything about it feel free to ask. I am thinking about adding a rear hitch to tow a sled!
ktrak_69.jpg

IMG_9103.jpg

IMG_9104.jpg

IMG_9105.jpg

IMG_9106.jpg

IMG_9107.jpg

IMG_9108.jpg

Re: Ski-Bike

because the ski has two metal blades, one on each side it steers very well in snow and ice.

cool

i'Ve build several snowbikes over the years, one advise.:
add a bungee cord between the ends of your ski and the fork..it will keep it more stable and if you hit a bump the ski wont lift up on your face or dig too much into deep snow.

i love ingenuity like this! great job! my son was showin me a bike on youtube with a snowplow on it. if you had the track, i think you could out do that guy. a local bar beside a pond has snowmobile races on the pond in the summer. how fast can your bike go?

skillsthebarber said:
"I want my 2 dollars"

I don't understand...

As far as how fast it goes...well it's how fat the rider can make it go. I want to gear it lower so I can take on hills or even put the indexed freewheel back together so I can shift :shock:

:lol: I want my 2 dollors is from the movie Better Off Dead.

Nice, must be fun to have in the snow when you can't ride with two wheels.

thanks it's a blast whizzing by all of the people walking in the snow and right after I pass them I hear something like "dude check that out" or "whoa awesome".

I don't think I am going to tackle the task of making a track for the rear the studded tire works great. Maybe next year. haha...

I have built a ski bike with two skis on it. On in front, one out back. I had springs to keep the skis level when I was in the air. It's a LOT of fun at the local sled hills.

Beau said:
I have built a ski bike with two skis on it. On in front, one out back. I had springs to keep the skis level when I was in the air. It's a LOT of fun at the local sled hills.
I have seen those and they looked like a lot of fun but my object here was to have a decent way to get around in the snow. Not even a little snow can stop an avid bike rider!

Latest posts

Back