Show us your Vintage Raleighs!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built this one for my nephew.

P1011673.jpg

P1011853-1.jpg

Very nice and great work, wheels look like the rear wheel that I have no bike for.

Friday I finally pumped up the tires and took my folder out a few minutes for a ride, it goes just fine with a bit of stiffness turning it though, shifter shifts sort of I to II, the front brake works but needs pads and the rear doesn't work at all but it was a real fun ride.

Nice bikes, These so many pretty bikes on this thread now. I should take a pic of the winter Raleigh I built, it's pretty neat. I finally got the 1939 Raleigh hanging in my room on display. I noticed it;s suposed to have a top tube shifter to, apparently it may be a golden arrow

I just picked this one up today at the swap meet for $25
it just needed a little cleaning, and some air in the tires.
Sturmey archer 3 speed works fine too!!
rampar002.jpg

rampar005.jpg

It's a pretty small bike though- for 24 1 3/8 size tires.

heres a pic of my next project.
This one's a hercules- not sure what year, but I was lucky enought to pick this one up recently for $10.
It's not being restored- probably just throw a paint job on it- black with sand colored polka-dots??
Actually, the rust looks so nice, I kinda wanna ride it just as is!
Nice chrome though!
roadbikeandhercules002.jpg

roadbikeandhercules001.jpg

My wife found this at a tag sale a while back and claimed it for herself even though she can't ride it :( . Here are some pictures of it.

1969RobinHood-01.jpg

1969RobinHood-03.jpg

1969RobinHood-05.jpg

1969RobinHood-06.jpg

1969RobinHood-07.jpg

1969RobinHood-09.jpg

All I did to it was air up the tires. She lets me ride it anytime I want so I took it out for a photo shoot ......and brought it back after........and hung it back up :roll:

Graylock

I like it to. I think you should give it to me. lol I just got a weird one the other day, an interesting blue colored one.

Thanks guys!
I was thinking of selling it :) not sure though, as it's frikking cool and just has this really nice presence.

Bomble may have a Gold one But what I'm working on right now is also something very nice, it's a neat blue color, it's gonna be perty

I have had this frame and fork in my shed, it was what was left of that transit I had in a pic, everything chrome was shot and not much was good, here it is now.
100_2396.jpg

Hsean said:
Bomble may have a Gold one But what I'm working on right now is also something very nice, it's a neat blue color, it's gonna be perty

I have had this frame and fork in my shed, it was what was left of that transit I had in a pic, everything chrome was shot and not much was good, here it is now.
100_2396.jpg

Umm, thats not blue?

Thats the red one, theres also a blue one, I can't take pics right now because it's in the shop not at home. It's getting an upgraded set of wheels, gonna be sweet.

And here it is, I highly reccomend putting 700c wheels on atleast one of your raleighs, the ride is awesome, this is proberly the closest to a road bike as I will get. it's so pretty too!
100_2405.jpg

61329_436135042972_842792972_4895297_5200095_n.jpg

I've got quite a few, all rod brake. I'll have to get some more pics another time.
The black Raligh in the centre has become quite ratty nowadays :p

Latest posts

Back