Show us your Custom Bars

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Built another set tonight. One road bike + bars from an exercycle. Dont know what I'll put them on, but I got a new set to hang up on the wall as art.
S5003141.jpg

S5003140.jpg

S5003146.jpg

Sinner, I like the basic design of your new bars, but I think that if you could narrow them, they'd look a ton better and be easier to turn. How wide are they? Very cool idea though!

The road bars are 17" wide, then the turn outs add another 10 inches of so. Got board last night and an idea. I'll try them out, if they dont work out, I'll use them. They are just wacky. They are better than any thing you can buy, just like the exersier bars that you used. Thoes are way too cool.

Cool thread. Here's my first attempt at custom bars, just did them today actually. Tried to make them look like 20's-30's crossbrace type.

Only before pic I could find
IMG_3348.jpg

Welded in the crossbrace and added 1 1/2 inches to the bar ends.
IMG_3487.jpg

Final product
IMG_3486.jpg

Another set, road bars and a set of mtb bars or such, don't know what the heck they are called. Some one had all ready cut 3 inches off of them. cut the ends off to weld them on. going to weld them up tonight.

S5002830.jpg

S5002832.jpg

Pretty basic but they'll do for what I have in mind...
155046_500805330395_509120395_7300574_5952539_n.jpg

Sinner4 said:
Another set, road bars and a set of mtb bars or such, don't know what the heck they are called. Some one had all ready cut 3 inches off of them. cut the ends off to weld them on. going to weld them up tonight.

S5002830.jpg

S5002832.jpg

Bullmoose drops?? :shock: you got my attention....

These were made by Eric "4th Horseman" Paulson outta 1 1/4" OD steel tube and SS inserts for the stem and grip areas.

they came out beautiful, however they're a bit too wide for me. I found a guy who makes killer bars and asked him if he could bend mine in a bit from 34" to 27'. it'll help me navigate the bike thru my home door ways and also increase the pull back. Check out his bars here:
http://www.brcustomcycles.com/

100_0444-1.jpg

A couple of mine........

The bars in pink (Nantucket Red) are from a twenty inch girls bike with just enough extentions so that the grips cover the welds.
Camel%20Sex%20Change%20Project-11a.JPG

RedBars-01.jpg

GrungeRudge-001.jpg

My latest from the Alley Cat Shadow
AlleyCat_Bars-01.jpg

AlleyCat-20.jpg

For these bars I'm going to the West Marine Store and pick up a set of oar leathers and wrap the weld up with them like my old dory oars
DORY5.GIF

Graylock

Yes that is a cool design^^^^^

sportscarpat said:
Here are a couple more current pictures of boardtrack style bars I have made.

DSC05402.jpg
Interesting concept, what are the couplers from. bmx stems?

iRide Custom Bicycles said:
A set for the Kill Machine I made.

7013fdc1.jpg

77f2cfeb.jpg

A set for the Strato Cruiser

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

Those bars are sweet!

anon said:
You weld it so clean. Nice.

A good grinding disk takes care of the bad welds. Normal for me is just a little clean up and body work. A couple of primer coats and wet sand a couple of times.

Latest posts

Back