Show us your bike workstands

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
srdavo said:
I built this last week.

Now that's what I'm talking about, nice!
I know I've probably got enough junk laying around to building something pretty close.
Sometimes I just lack vision!

srdavo said:
I built this last week.

attachment.php

attachment.php
What do you use to protect the paint?

drabe said:
Now that's what I'm talking about, nice!
I know I've probably got enough junk laying around to building something pretty close.
Sometimes I just lack vision!

thanks guys.... I love using what I have lying around.

What do you use to protect the paint?[/quote]

I have some wide strips of leather....& some foam, but, so far I haven't been worried about paint.
The seatpost is the best spot to clamp to.

finally got tired of taking flack for dangling bikes from string to work on them and attempted a bench stand..

so far its workin ok...

IMG_20101127_150540.jpg

IMG_20101127_150626.jpg

Same here man.....lol
Graylock said:
This is a 25 year old workstand that I have at my house that is voice operated. It moves the bike to exact work height but the drawback is it's only good for about one minute. From there it starts to make whinning sounds and if you don't remove the bike from the clamps it throws it at you and moves to another room. I tried to fix it but the system seems to have a memory and wont function as a bike work station. I have reprogramed it to make Margaritas with complete success.
Schwinn_Predator-05.jpg

Gl

Hey Greylock if you let her watch that old army movie where the guys used transcendental meditation to hold up the buckets of sand , you might get a little more mileage out of her. :wink: I must be getting old ...she looks about 12 to me. I bet she has to get an id out everytime she buys a beer. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

She's 5'2" and plays pool at the local pub but sometimes they have to set a small stool so she can reach across the table. :lol: They ID her just to by cigarettes. When she drives her Jeep Cherrikee it looks like the Flying Dutchman coming at you. No one can steal her car because they will be found jambed behind the steering wheel cursing. :lol:

Graylock the Dad of Beki the Swing Bike Queen

The wood is from a 150 year old church that was torn down... The pump works as good as the day it was made... The handle, or grease rag holder is the handle from an old iron... and the Coke opener is good for those long hot days in the shop...

006.jpg

006-3.jpg

007-3.jpg

008-2.jpg

008.jpg

garagegoon said:
The wood is from a 150 year old church that was torn down... The pump works as good as the day it was made... The handle, or grease rag holder is the handle from an old iron... and the Coke opener is good for those long hot days in the shop...
006.jpg

NICE! that stand is sweeet! does that black cwc shockmaster still flex with out the top rods and collar? is it still as soft as riding with? those are the BEST springers in my opinion. i just sold three to Road Master. i like the look without the top half. 8)

It used to flex but with the 3 inch tires it was too springy... Took a piece if threaded rod and connected between spring to make it solid... Gives ya the look without all the action...

I have a Park single arm professional with both a steel plate base and a tubular base (travel). Also I have a cast iron Eldi double arm stand. Oh and a light weight Cinelli travel stand.

I have the same one. Can't remember where I got it, probably at an old shop. I picked it up in the seventies. It is mostly just for decoration now as my Park Professional is much nicer.

ha, i have one of those eldis too! my clamps were replaced with nut and bolts though....haven't used it in 20 years, but it does have the best designed/placed trays of all the stands i've used over the years. :D

Back