Show us your bike workstands

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This came up on another thread and got me started thinking on this...I've seen some 'high dollar' workstands out there but what else is out there?
There are a lot of creative guys on here (including RatRodDads design), but let's see what you use (homebuilt or other than store bought) for a workstand.
I've been thinking about how to build something or use something I already have and convert it.
I even saw where one guy (can't remember his name) used tie down straps to hang his bike from the ceiling joist in his garage!
What's the best design (from your experience)?

Ratroddad had a nice one.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3323
IMG_1527.jpg

Ratrod's Park bike stand :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
viewtopic.php?p=3756#p3756
100_2555.jpg

Also 2 tie down straps from the ceiling work well. One hooked around the handlebars and one by the seatpost.

This is a 25 year old workstand that I have at my house that is voice operated. It moves the bike to exact work height but the drawback is it's only good for about one minute. From there it starts to make whinning sounds and if you don't remove the bike from the clamps it throws it at you and moves to another room. I tried to fix it but the system seems to have a memory and wont function as a bike work station. I have reprogramed it to make Margaritas with complete success.
Schwinn_Predator-05.jpg

Gl

Graylock said:
This is a 25 year old workstand that I have at my house that is voice operated. It moves the bike to exact work height but the drawback is it's only good for about one minute. From there it starts to make whinning sounds and if you don't remove the bike from the clamps it throws it at you and moves to another room. I tried to fix it but the system seems to have a memory and wont function as a bike work station. I have reprogramed it to make Margaritas with complete success.
Gl

thats classic :lol:

Graylock said:

That's interesting. I have a very similar model, also 25 years old, exhibits same kinda problems. I downloaded the source code for Margaritas, but there seems to be a bug in the delivery module. I frequently find the system crashed with the output mostly deleted.

Spin, one of the best I've seen so far.

Graylock, you're silly!
I think part of the problem with your version is you didn't get the 'eyes open' model.
I've heard that without this option, there could be glitches similar to those you describe.

Mastronaut, that thing looks dangerous!
It a good use for used excercise equipment though, I mainly use mine for a clothes hanger.

Hey Mastronaut, could we see a bike on that thing, I keep trying to fiqure how you use it

sensor said:
either one of these work quite well.......
framefirstclearing001.jpg

THATS MR.LOW BUCK TO YOU! :wink:

Hey sensor, I've got one almost exactly like yours, only mine is cardboard!

Back