Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some guys are running golf cart tires. Lots of Mini parts houses around. You can buy pretty much anything you want for it.

TheFlyingDingo said:
How heavy are they? I wouldn't have thought there would be enough power in these little guys to win monte carlo in the 60s

Power doesn't matter so much, it's power to weight ratio. For example you take a 300 horsepower Suburban vs. a 150 horsepower Volkswagen hatchback and the VW will blow the Suburban's doors off. Why? Because the Suburban weighs around 5,000 pounds giving it a 0.06:1 power to weight ratio. The VW on the other hand weighs 2000 pounds giving it a 0.075:1 power to weight ratio.

RayAllen said:
62 VW Bus
IMG_1387.jpg
Nice ratty split window.

TheFlyingDingo said:
Thats why I asked how heavy they were...lol

According to Wikipedia the curb weight of the early mini cooper was only 1,360 lbs. So with any power at all that thing will haul but.

...my daily driver
DSCN0150.jpg

...turned into woods buggy
0603071049.jpg

...my cruiser( currently on short-term loan to my ex-father-in-law...he has better storage :roll: )
DSCN0074.jpg

pick said:
A work in progress! Under construction (always)! 1948 Chevy Sedan Delivery. Will be a great bike hauler!
Delivery1.jpg

Delivery.jpg

Delivery2.jpg

Thanks Gdcast & SCHWINNRAY69 for the comps! I have a 350 motor & the trans, just need a few more parts to get it on the road. Not much of an interior though (Who needs one!) All I need is 2 seats. I guess if I didn't spend all my $$ on bikes, it'd be done by now! Thanks for lookin!

leaded said:
From another side of the world.....last year in approx. - 35* C , but car did function, great runner! -.....and hope by bicycle motorized gonna be too!
snow_trip1.jpg

22443_105268526158400_100000257588862_132216_2022699_n.jpg

SWEET! 8)

Teeth Rotting SWEET!!!
It´s like a scene from a movie!

So, is it flat black now or did you paint it cream and blue lately?

Gdcast said:
Teeth Rotting SWEET!!!
It´s like a scene from a movie!

So, is it flat black now or did you paint it cream and blue lately?

Horrormovie???? he,he

Painted cream/blue/green 6 months ago. Was a little tired of the flat back, as it have been the last 10 y.
...but snow had comed now here, so some new winter pictures,could be possible to take this year too! 8) 8) 8)

Gold Street Customs said:
The term trailer queen does not apply here :shock:

For shure!!! The car is in use all year, rain,snow, cold,etc. This is my only car, without it always got a company cargo trailer in the near for work....drives approx. 8000miles each year

Back