SCHWINNRAY69 vs CCR (Defeated) Muscle Bike Build-Off

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SCHWINNRAY69 v.s. CCR muscle bike buildoff

NO :x :x :x :x :x I'm mad. I brought it there a month and a half ago :shock: If I don't get it by Friday, I'm bringing it home and hand sanding it :roll:

Finally got it sandblasted they are priming it for me :mrgreen: Not sure on what to use for paint, I want a flaked red or a flaked coppertone color :? Anyone know of a good brand :?:

Pics to come :mrgreen:

CCR said:
April 6th, 2011
IMG_5813.jpg

I LIKE this.......you're giving me ideas....

CCR said:
I think that risks are implied any time a 30 year old guy tries to ride a kids bike :lol:

I'll be sure to let you guys know when i go down ... don't want to miss any "I TOLD YOU SO's"

I'm 40.........I don't feel so bad about almost wiping out twice... 8)

UPDATE 6/13/11

Got the frame blasted and primed ( I left the neck red so I can know the original color :wink: ) :D I will hopefully paint this weekend if the weather holds up :wink:
004-1.jpg

Guess I need to hold up my end of the bargain and get to building some more then, murdered some kids sissy bars for some materials :)

IMG_8887.jpg

IMG_8888.jpg

IMG_8889.jpg

Everything is painted, I'm just waiting for it to stop raining for some pics :wink: Oh yeah, this resto is taking longer than I thought...can we change the deadline :?: :oops: :?:

UPDATE 6-25-11

All painted up with Rustoleum Metal Flaked blue :wink: Waiting to get my decals so then I could clearcoat and start assembling :D
001-1.jpg

blackdiamond said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
UPDATE 6-25-11

All painted up with Rustoleum Metal Flaked blue :wink: Waiting to get my decals so then I could clearcoat and start assembling :D
001-1.jpg

where would you go about buying that paint....and how dose it compare to schwinn's blue? :D

I got the paint at Home Depot for about $5 a can :wink: The Schwinn blue you want is lighter than this, and doesn't have as much metal flake :D

CCR said:
April 6th, 2011

different bars and a shorter fork .... im beginning to wonder does that look like a 20" springer to you guys ??? i'm starting to think the other one was a 26" and now this one might be a 24" springer
... man the storage unit is dark :lol:
leaving the fender for now, but i still might ditch it and i still think it would look better with a shorter fork and a fatter tire up front...

IMG_5813.jpg

Its a Super-Deluxe "Pea Picker"! :D

Got my decals on the way :mrgreen:

blackdiamond said:
CCR said:
April 6th, 2011

different bars and a shorter fork .... im beginning to wonder does that look like a 20" springer to you guys ??? i'm starting to think the other one was a 26" and now this one might be a 24" springer
... man the storage unit is dark :lol:
leaving the fender for now, but i still might ditch it and i still think it would look better with a shorter fork and a fatter tire up front...

IMG_5813.jpg

Its a Super-Deluxe "Pea Picker"! :D

Since I've got a 36" sissybar and a 24" springer on the way, mine's gonna be a Super-Deluxe Apple Krate. :p

UPDATE 8/22/11
Finally got some work done! :D I'm very happy with the results :wink:
003-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

Sweet indeed !!! need to bolt some stuff together so i can add some new pics too :D

BOTH bikes look great!...We going to get to vote?

Back