SCHWINNRAY69 vs CCR (Defeated) Muscle Bike Build-Off

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SCHWINNRAY69 v.s. CCR muscle bike buildoff

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Lookin' real good :shock: What size is that rear tire :?:

UPDATE 4/8/11

Dropped the frame off at sand blasting :wink: I'm gonna start cleaning up my rear Bendix wheel tomorrow :D Pics to come :mrgreen:

Its a 20x3.0 Innova tire, put some no name BMXish 20x2.125 on the front. I think I need to do some filing on the derailer bracket to pull the wheel back a little further in the stays, don't know if that would mess up the shifting though ... whatever i do it will be half right :lol:

Can't wait to see some more pics of yours too Nick, those pedals show up yet ?

Not yet, I'll let you know when I do :wink: Now I want a 20x3 rear tire :mrgreen: Looks like the hunt is on :lol:

P.S. I like the blackwalls more than the whitewalls :D

Ive already threw on some black grips so as long as i can get the rear tire to work theyll stay blackwalls.

"P.S. I like the blackwalls more than the whitewalls :D"
X2!!!
8) 8) 8) 8)

UPDATE 4/9/11

Cleaned my rear wheel up today :D First I cleaned it up with steel wool and then gave it a bath in Simple Green while scrubbing it with a toothbrush :mrgreen: I also picked up my slick at my LBS for 10 bucks 8)
Before:
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

After:
011.jpg

012-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

P.S. Got my pedals today, I'll be cleaning them tomorrow, thanks :D

Cleaned a little bit of my pedals today but I want to clean them better :| How do you take the blocks off :?: :?:

Be careful riding this one, i tried a very similar configuration and it wheelied way too easy and I flipped a few times. Luckily, I didnt hit my head on the street but bruised my hip very bad. I dismantled it.

CCR said:
April 6th, 2011

different bars and a shorter fork .... im beginning to wonder does that look like a 20" springer to you guys ??? i'm starting to think the other one was a 26" and now this one might be a 24" springer
... man the storage unit is dark :lol:
leaving the fender for now, but i still might ditch it and i still think it would look better with a shorter fork and a fatter tire up front...

IMG_5813.jpg

I think that risks are implied any time a 30 year old guy tries to ride a kids bike :lol:

I'll be sure to let you guys know when i go down ... don't want to miss any "I TOLD YOU SO's"

I'm liking this build off guys. Ive been getting into muscle bikes a little myself lately. Keep up the good work. Also, nice cleaning Schwinnray :wink:

UPDATE 4/20/11

I gotta wait until next week to pick up my frame from sand blasting :| In the mean time, I've been working on some smalls :wink: Cleaned up my pedals (Thanks CCR!) and polished up the seat post :D Didn't do much because the pedals took about an hour each :shock:
BEFORE:
0013.jpg

0022.jpg

003-1.jpg

AFTER:
004.jpg

007.jpg

The frame STILL hasn't been blasted :x :x :x :x I'm ready to just get the frame and hand sand it :roll: Oh well :|

NEW DEADLINE

Last day of June :D

Back