Schwinn panther

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had this happen . The guy I got this from told me I could buy it for $300 or he would give me $300 to restore it. I really wanted the bike but after hearing his story about buying it new back in the day for his son, I couldn't do it so I told him I would restore it for him . It shouldn't take a lot the grease has really kept it rust free cool old bike for acool old guy.
9bc6da89.jpg
7911bbb3.jpg
26f7bc13.jpg

Really like the slimline tank bikes, and this one is coppertone to boot. Good luck with the restore, be sure to post pics! :)

I'd jump on that chance any day of the week too. I've always thought about making a CL posting saying that I'd refurbish anybody's old bike that's been neglected for xx years.

I think I have a spare pair of Schwinn bow pedals or crosscuts for this too; I can't remember which this would have had.

Jpromo said:
I'd jump on that chance any day of the week too. I've always thought about making a CL posting saying that I'd refurbish anybody's old bike that's been neglected for xx years.

I think I have a spare pair of Schwinn bow pedals or crosscuts for this too; I can't remember which this would have had.

These are Original on the '66 Panther I got recently

PICT4630.jpg

To "swimin" have you looked up the date code on that one... It looks almost like the same as mine plus or minus a few things.... NICE

I've had that happen once. Not quite for $300.00, but enough to be worth my time.

I even ended up with the bike for the cost of my labor when the owner decided the old bike
did not ride like he wanted and bought a new bike more to his liking.

So, in the end, I got it free for the labor I was going to do anyway. :D

Goes to show, you never can tell! :shock:

Great story and great bike! I hope you have an easier time finding a coppertone seat than I did. 2 months! If you have a build thread please post a link to it on here!

That's a really great bike, I would've wanted to buy it too :) I am glad that you are keeping it original instead of new paint. Shes a bute!

Back