Sanding disk for building frames

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I know this should be tucked away in the How To section , but its too cool to hide ,especially if you have never used one. You can buy these at the welding supply places. They are like a regular disk that fits a 4'' grinder. They are hundreds of little pieces of sandpaper glued to a disk. With a regular grinding disk if you touch a piece of pipe wrong it will cut a groove in it really quick . With these they will grind down a weld quick but are really forgiving if you bump something you dont want ground. They cost the same ,about $5 a piece. really smooth out metal.

wheel.jpg

Wow, where have you been? :mrgreen: Been using those for years and all kinds of metal projects. You have to be careful with them though, it's easy to take away alot of metal without really noticing, at least when they are fresh.

briancustoms said:
Wow, where have you been? :mrgreen: Been using those for years and all kinds of metal projects. You have to be careful with them though, it's easy to take away alot of metal without really noticing, at least when they are fresh.
Gee i thought I had found something unique. If everybody knew about it why didnt yall tell me. :D :D :D Could have put it in a memo or something.

Uncle Stretch said:
briancustoms said:
Gee i thought I had found something unique. If everybody knew about it why didnt yall tell me. :D :D :D Could have put it in a memo or something.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Uncle Stretch said:
Thats cool . Did you ever see the one some guy made out of bamboo. It was cool. look online sometime. :lol:
Yeh I looked at a lot of wood bikes after I completed mine. Definately some cool stuff.

I love those things, I have em all lined up from rough and fresh to almost totally shiney for doing different stages of smoothing.

Latest posts

Back