Rust is the pits

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got the pits out of my 67 3 speed Rail Chainguard
image.jpg
I used urethane high build primer and sprayed it on super heavy but took my time in between a dozen coats...
image.jpg
image.jpg
Every pit blocked out without filler.. Except I had to use some on the bracket where I had to reweld some missing metal.. Here is what I started with
image.jpg
I bought it from Tanksalot a couple of Months ago.. He must of kept all the Goodies!!!! Lol.. I glass beaded the frame and re-painted the frame in the original Gold Bronze color....
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
WOW, nice work! The seat is great with that frame!

WOW, nice work! The seat is great with that frame!
Thanks Rob for the grips... they matched perfectly:) I didn't use the guard I bought from you because I didn't have the heart to bead blast and repaint and destroy the original silkscreen.. Instead I'm going to use it for another build. I hope to scan the Rail artwork for a decal and stencil for this bike:)
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
That's cool! Glad those grips matched! I was thinking they might, so I threw them in there in case you could use them. I like it when a plan works out ha!

Robb that guard looks great! Are you going with a black or chrome chain? I'm sure you know the decal is sold on Ebay if you want one know... unless you are going to go with stencil. That would be very cool!

Robb that guard looks great! Are you going with a black or chrome chain? I'm sure you know the decal is sold on Ebay if you want one know... unless you are going to go with stencil. That would be very cool!
I have a really nice original chrome Huffy chain, but I need to run it through my shaker full of walnut shells:) I bought a decal Crash! But it didn't match the original guard I bought from Rob.. So I'm going to make one myself.. I bought a Craft Robo to make my own decals that I will scan and copy from the guard I got from Rob....

Last edited:
You did a really great job on that bike. I love the way the seat matches the frame. Killer looking bike!!!
Thanks Jaxon!! Rust Is The Pits was your line that I stole from our conversation about your Wheelie Bikes paint job... I hope you can restore it... Wet sanding it with 400 grit paper should remove most of the pits...:113:

Back