RRBBO7 HYPE UP THREAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can tell I haven't spent too much time here, I've been cookin' up a plan for a side car bike. Looks like I'm now gonna' have a lot of company! :D
I've got the same motivations as others here for a side car, I've got a Grand Daughter to haul around now!

JoKeR63 said:
I can tell I haven't spent too much time here, I've been cookin' up a plan for a side car bike. Looks like I'm now gonna' have a lot of company! :D
I've got the same motivations as others here for a side car, I've got a Grand Daughter to haul around now!

Welcome to the side car sub build off! I actually don't have any passengers planned for my sidecar. Maybe I will just use it to haul stuff home from yard sales!!

yoothgeye said:
So many sidecars ideas, but I'm the only one that is guaranteed to finish mine.

Why is that??????
Did you already build it????? :shock:

expjawa said:
What I'd like to see is one of you big talkers modify a trike axle and make your side car rig 2WD, like a Ural motorcycle... :mrgreen:

I'd do it, but my trike is 1 wheel drive, sorry.

kingfish254 said:
Why is that??????
Did you already build it????? :shock:

That would be cheating, I will start with everyone else, but with my skill level, maybe just being me should be considered cheating. :mrgreen:

Alright!, The Sidecar Showdown Subcontest smacktalk has begun! Nice burst of motivation there. And YG, you're right, you are the only one who can guarantee to finish. That's something of a self-endorcement. I too can only guarantee my own work as well.
One thing I am sure of is no one is using my base bike choice, and it's a bad one. At least there is a variety of themes emerging.
This could get interesting.

(*Edit*) Now I may be wrong about the individuality of my frame!, holy crap I have more reading to do!

It seems like there was one other person that was thinking of a sidecar. I lost track with all the smack!!

I don't think that any of ours will be the same.

myself (kingfish254)- old tandem donor frame - cannondale kiddie trailer for the base of the sidecar - salt flats theme
yoothgeye - wcc donor frames - Nannie McPhee military theme (guaranteed by a magic cane)
joker63 - unknown bad donor frame - Mary Poppins theme

Anyone else gonna build a sidecar??

Let us hear more about the non sidecar builds too!!!!
I know you're out there. Don't let us keep bogarting this thread!!

Here is some more sidecar inspiration for ya.
German20sidecar20team20at20the20bonneville20salt20flats20note20the20position20of20the20female20sidecar20passengers20head.jpg

bcycle.jpg

brett4christ said:
bean said:
Just fitted the tires I was gonna use for RRBBO7 and tried them on the frame I'll probably use..... :( . Not doin' it for me. Then tried another set of wheels and tires on the same frame......... :D :D :D

Don't tell everyone!! You're not supposed to start ANYTHING until May 1st. :shock: :eek: :D

No starting early from me Brett (only a quick parts mock-up and some drawing). I had three different ideas running around in my head, which was causing my overactive mind to provide me with a lack of sleep :( . I tried a couple of different sets of wheels and tires on frames and have narrowed it down to the one.............I think :shock: .

I always tell my students to start off with concept drawings/sketches for projects, so I decided to follow my own advice. Anyone want to see it? Maybe not a good idea though, it's gonna be the bigger and tougher brother of the Bareknuckle Brawler and it'll probably scare some of you away!!........how's that for some Aussie smack talk? :wink:

Let's see them bean! Your Brawler was a cool build last year. Watcha got planned this year?

yoothgeye said:
Peatbog said:
That's pretty good smack talk excepting that you pointed out that it was smack talk. That takes away its smack talk value.

+1

Mine wasn't smack talk since it was 100% true.

I smell something and it definitely isn't what the Rock was cookin'!!!!!!

Peatbog said:
That's pretty good smack talk excepting that you pointed out that it was smack talk. That takes away its smack talk value.
Either way, if you do have sketches, I'd like to see them. That could lead to more smack talk.

OK, you got me.........I posted that at around 5.00am our time and hadn't started my coffee yet...........brain was still asleep!! I won't give any warnings next time............or smilies :wink: .

Here's the first drawing. Micargi Puma frame. I saw the logo somewhere a few years ago (I think it had something to do with computer software/hardware?), and it reminded me of the Van Halen song "Atomic Punk", so that's what I'm gonna call this build.

The finished product may or may not look like this.

PUNK1-1.jpg

Is that enough HYPE for ya??..........Better get your "A" game on boys.

I like your theme Bean and I can hear Eddie cranking in my head now.
I could almost go that direction with my old tandem frame, but I am sticking with the bonneville stretch look.
I want to see how you get your spokes to curve like atoms???!!!!!!
Keep on typin' and hypin' about your build. I look forward to the competition!!

That frame reminds me of the Miele stretch that I sold my neighbor. It has 26x3 tires on it. When I was test riding it on Conferderate Memorial Day, I just couldn't pass up this photo op. - Rebel Without A Cause
225190_219354458090781_100000486866933_868070_3920580_n.jpg

Peatbog said:
yoothgeye said:
...but with my skill level, maybe just being me should be considered cheating. :mrgreen:

Now, that is proper trash talking there! Let the games begin...

I'll let my bike do all the trash talking when it's done. With the plans I have for my build it is going to be very difficult for the rest of you to compete. I'm not just thinking outside the box, I'm thinking outside the galaxy. 2nd place is simply not an option. 8) :wink: This bike will be EPIC!

Okay now that that is out of the way, let's just have a good build off and good luck to all.

You'll NEED all the luck you can get....Muah ha ha ha ha :mrgreen:

kingfish254 said:
Let us hear more about the non sidecar builds too!!!!
I know you're out there. Don't let us keep bogarting this thread!!

I think I'm drawing inspiration from highboy roadsters and Deuce Coupes that really started the whole salt flat scene, going with a LSR theme. But I might not. I was contemplating a very different theme involving a Luxury Liner and a certain jolly old elf. But that's evolving in my head into more of a stretched cargo bike, so it's outside the RRBBO rules now. But maybe I'll work on it after this thing's done...

Bravo Outskirt, I have no doubt it is going to be a great build off. I have only participated in the last 30 days of one of these and I have been stoked ever since!!!

Out of the box doesn't always win, but it is the out of the box stuff that we see from others that pushes us all to the limits.

I am constantly amazed by the creativity and craftsmanship on this site. I don't expect to be disappointed during BO7 and I hope to measure up to the comptetition!!!!

My goal for this comptetion is that it produces enough conversation fodder for me to sit down with any another RRBer for 5+ hours and talk about "did you see what xxx did" and "how bout what yyyy did"................

Last year it was Jake S. Who will it be this year!!!??????

Latest posts

Back