RRBBO7 HYPE UP THREAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I could join you in that build genre with my 1948 Rudge Whitworth Sports. Never thought of putting a springer on a city frame. Looking forward to your build!!!!!!
Rudge chainrings are so cool!!
RWa1-1.jpg

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:

Yes they are... you got one for sale? My 1956 JC Higgins (the American bike made in West Germany) has a Euro BB...

The only one I have is on this bike. I wish I had a one just to hang in my shop.

kingfish254 said:
yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:

Yes they are... you got one for sale? My 1956 JC Higgins (the American bike made in West Germany) has a Euro BB...

The only one I have is on this bike. I wish I had a one just to hang in my shop.

The bike looks pretty crappy :mrgreen: , you should part it out. Dibs on crank and seat.

How about all of the builds that started in RRBBO6, but didn't finish in time???????? Where are they now???? Did any get completed????

I think there were right at 200 entries, but only about 100 and change were completed by the deadline.

Let's hear from you slackers!!!!!!!! :p :lol:

Whatever happened with your builds?????

Hey can they still be entered and finish this build off since they really never finished ?!? HaHa- Kwazy slacker wratterS!!

Jake Sensi said:
Hey can they still be entered and finish this build off since they really never finished ?!? HaHa- Kwazy slacker wratterS!!

Not if this is a traditional rules build-off, if it's anything goes then there are no rules, you could enter something you've already started or even enter something that is already completed... no rules, anything goes.

Re: THE HYPE IS BACK PEOPLE!!!!

gaskill's hop shop built that one!! its called the dead little dove. i owned it until a year ago when somebody wanted it more than me.
yoothgeye said:
Peatbog said:
Picture I found on the internet, posted here for no reason at all other than I thought it interesting:

crazybike.jpg

Wow that's... interesting. :shock:

Okay question, If you are using a STOCK frame that has been modified by a shop through welding but maintains the shape of the original frame is it legal build off material?

Bike in question:

PB290144.jpg

PB290149.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:
Okay question, If you are using a STOCK frame that has been modified by a shop through welding but maintains the shape of the original frame is it legal build off material?

Bike in question:

PB290144.jpg

PB290149.jpg

I think this would be within the rules, but that is just my opinion. I don't see anything that would keep me from voting on it. It is not much different that modifying or adding on different forks. Also not much different than adding on a trike rear end.

kingfish254 said:
I think this would be within the rules, but that is just my opinion. I don't see anything that would keep me from voting on it. It is not much different that modifying or adding on different forks. Also not much different than adding on a trike rear end.

I'd also agree that that fits in the rules. Frame is stock, just has something weird added to it. So much potential with that bike, the build-off would be the perfect opportunity to get it the attention it deserves.

I think you need some chopper forks on that baby! Of course you couldn't use triple trees though.

kingfish254 said:
I think you need some chopper forks on that baby! Of course you couldn't use triple trees though.

You could use dual mini-occ chopper triple trees, just cut the inside tube on either side to clear the beam.

deorman said:
Nope, you're disqualified for asking a goofy question. :p

That must mean that I am DQ'ed too!!! :shock:

Back