RRBBO7 HYPE UP THREAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: THE HYPE IS BACK PEOPLE!!!!

Dissymmetry?

Protection... not of the expensive wheel for sure, you'd take it out on a speed bump.

That's an expensive flywheel, I think metal trash can lids would've fit the bill better on that bike.

Why do any of us do what we do with our builds??????

People ask me why do I have a surfboard (actually a water ski) on my bike? The answer is obvious........Cuz I can!!!

EDIT: Maybe that should be the name of my next build......"CUZ I CAN!!"

the bike you guys are commenting on is one of member gaskills creations. he thinks outside the box,that contains the box! :mrgreen: very creative work.

texasbigjon said:
the bike you guys are commenting on is one of member gaskills creations. he thinks outside the box,that contains the box! :mrgreen: very creative work.

Gaskill Is a good friend of mine. I now own a lot of parts that where originally on that bike!

Double Nickle said:
texasbigjon said:

Gaskill Is a good friend of mine. I now own a lot of parts that where originally on that bike!

I thought I recognized those fender skirts!!!

kingfish254 said:
Double Nickle said:
texasbigjon said:

I thought I recognized those fender skirts!!!

Those went on the speed demon!

Peatbog said:
Crazy! An anonymous bike picture found on a random internet search (looking for ideas for "drag race bicycle" on google) and people here know who built it. Is that cool or what.

Very cool and even cooler is the fact that parts on that bike were on the RRBBO6 2nd place bike.

badge.jpg

yoothgeye said:
You got it? :wink:

Of course!
And for less than $12 YSD!!!! :wink: :p

EDIT: I won't win the build off, so at least I can say that I won the 007 auction. Maybe it will bring me good luck.

How come the guy that started this thread is no longer participating? Maybe he's just trying to drum up popularity votes in the build-off... :roll:

yoothgeye said:
How come the guy that started this thread is no longer participating? Maybe he's just trying to drum up popularity votes in the build-off... :roll:

D.N. , You sure have been quiet!!!!! You can't be Hyping without any Typing!!!!

Wish I could join in with you guys, but due to school, and upcoming Exams, I don't think I would have time to make the deadline. I guess I will just have to watch from the side lines this time. Good Luck everyone, and I cant wait to see all the finished products! :D

duncan said:
Wish I could join in with you guys, but due to school, and upcoming Exams, I don't think I would have time to make the deadline. I guess I will just have to watch from the side lines this time. Good Luck everyone, and I cant wait to see all the finished products! :D

It won't take the entire build-off to finish a bike. I plan to be done in less than half the time and just sit back and watch everyone else dig deep holes trying to keep up with what I built.

yoothgeye said:
duncan said:

It won't take the entire build-off to finish a bike. I plan to be done in less than half the time and just sit back and watch everyone else dig deep holes trying to keep up with what I built.

Good luck but things never go according to plan. I just plan to build something cool to ride. If it wins that's just a bonus.

outskirtscustoms said:
Good luck but things never go according to plan.

Last year I used all the time from being the first to post my build thread till posting the finished bike in the final days, I can stick to a plan, I finished.

outskirtscustoms said:
I just plan to build something cool to ride. If it wins that's just a bonus.

Not me, I'm building something just to get votes, then I'll sell it later to make money. :eek:

Okay, all this talk about rat rodding...

I now have a donor frame. (Don't worry, not going to forget about my cargo idea) but this was too good a deal (free) to pass up. Everything on it is crap, but the frame looks usable.

Looks like I will be doing a Pashley-alike for the build-off. The bike will need wheels, seat, bars, stem, possibly cranks and pedals and brakes. And a springer fork. :p

But the frame will be (mostly) unmolested! LOL

You guys are gonna freak when you see what it is.

And no, it's not the Hercules I was looking at getting... though I still would love that bike! It's beautiful.

Back