RRBBO -Rat Rod Biker Build Off

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was tempted to Reply in a few others posts
......because I love the Frame designs they are using.
and I wanted to let them know.....But I bit my tongue.

I have 2 comments in my post from others,and they are both GREAT
comments.I think they should be in THIS POST though.

Like Karfer did when he had a comment on the grips.
He did it in this post.

The poster could address the builder in This Forum at the top
and spill his guts here.....

I welcome the Input and comments!

just my 2 cents( 1.9 cents Canadian )
peace,
Kev.

Progress pics

I think waiting until the end to post all pics is okay. The rule should be you have to post at least 5 progress pictures. Included into that could be one with some fresh paint smeared on the rattle can next to the frame.

I heard the air...

rushing by my ear! Hooch, Get busy! I am hearing a rattlecan right now! 8)

Thanks a lot Clothespin "n" I thought about it long and hard but it needs some attention cause she just dont roll too good, and I want to ride it soo thats the decision I went for. It's too cool to be just left alone. I am going to do it in an O'l Skool traditional theme with the paint. Do we have to use flat colors? I want to but in rattle can colors I dont see that happening. So it will prolly be gloss, as long as that is cool. I like everyone's entry and its gonna be some close calling on this one. Well take care all, Troy.

actually that never hit me i want to have the choise of gloss or flat as well. plllleeeeaaassseeeeee

Trophy????

I know Rat Rod has graciously offered at tshirt to the winner. but how about a Trophy.

It could be called the "RaTTle Can Cup" The design - a spray can painted silver or gold perched/glued upon a bike sprockett. DD your 5 speed gears would make an excellent base. Passed around each year.

Re: Trophy????

cman said:
I know Rat Rod has graciously offered at tshirt to the winner. but how about a Trophy.

It could be called the "RaTTle Can Cup" The design - a spray can painted silver or gold perched/glued upon a bike sprockett. DD your 5 speed gears would make an excellent base. Passed around each year.

HEY HEY HEY! I'm the host here. I got a trophy in mind! My sister and I have a design already but I am open to ideas. It will be debuted on March 31st!

That is a great deal, if I were anywhere near Georgia I would jump on that deal. You can't put those tires and wheels for less than $60 much less the tripple tree fork and a frame screaming to be ratted...Kelly

This is great stuff! (the build-off, that is) There's some real first class ideas showing up in the RRBBO thread.

Can't wait to see the final results :D :D :D

Who'd thought rust could be so inspiring?

-Mp

Here is a question that the Dumpster man can answer...

"I want to shorten my Center tube( seat tube )..above the top tube.
The stock one on my frame is pretty high..and the inside is so rusty
I have droped the seat as far as I can and the look I'm after is for the seat to be lower.

before I cut the tube down...is this a Frame Modification?
I have no problem leaving it..but it would be cool if I could shorten that tube.

LMK what you think.
I definatly do not want to P.O. anyone
or break a rule.

If you want to show any, or all who are in
the build,my question in this PM I have no problem."

peace,
Kev.

Rat Rod said:
Here is a question that the Dumpster man can answer...
"I want to shorten my Center tube( seat tube )..above the top tube.
The stock one on my frame is pretty high..and the inside is so rusty
I have droped the seat as far as I can and the look I'm after is for the seat to be lower.

[/list][/code]

I'm not Dumpster ; But can the seat tube be used as the seat post?? :?: :?: :?: :mrgreen:

Does the donor bike have to be a complete bike at the start? I have one in mind, but it's not a complete bike (wasn't when I got it). I don't want to break any rules.
Also, I know we can't steal others ideas on the build, but in other parts of the forum there have been GREAT ideas...are those fair game?

I'm excited to do the build!

New Dharma

new_dharma said:
Does the donor bike have to be a complete bike at the start? I have one in mind, but it's not a complete bike (wasn't when I got it). I don't want to break any rules.
Also, I know we can't steal others ideas on the build, but in other parts of the forum there have been GREAT ideas...are those fair game?

I'm excited to do the build!

New Dharma

My feelings are that a donor bike is "a donor bike"...unfortunatly
I don't have an extra Western Flyer kickin around so I don't have a donor bike.

A donor bike is like a donor Car..it's got some stuff that can be used on a
build.Hence the name "donor".

and the "idea question"....well,myself,I would be flattered if someone
coppied an idea from one of my rides.

[/quote]I'm not Dumpster ; But can the seat tube be used as the seat post?? :?: :?: :?: :mrgreen:[/quote]

I tryed that..for about AN HOUR.I took apart the whole mounting set up
on the Brooks and I couldn't safely strerch it around the Tube.

I'd like to take 1 1/2 off the center tube......still have a seat post mounted
in my seat........then drill a hole in the Center seat tube (at the back) and throw a spot weld Weld in the drilled hole.This will allow me to Drop my seat for the finish look I want,and avoid the Un-cluttered look of a seat
clamp with the seat post now being welded to the Center tube( through a drilled hole )

I'm not doing it unless it's a go with all who are in the build.
and Dumpster Diver.

Back