Root beer float

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ingola

Canadian Collection Connoisseur
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I in with this nirve
Screenshot_20230830-204521.png

That's such a sweet frame, really high quality build. Love the reversed dropouts, really clean looking welds, the cable guides are a nice touch, and I couldn't believe the quality and amount of flake in the paint. I forgot to check out that sticker you mentioned, was it made in the US? I barely even peeked at it (don't know why I was in such a hurry yesterday) but it's miles above the cruddy copy I built.

There slapped it together make. Sure I can ride this thing. Handlebars need a little more sweep my arms are not long enough to to reach. Going to order a triple tree. Paint definitely has to go. Got a Sach three speed for rear and paint.
IMG_20230903_133122174.jpg

While I wait for spokes,paint and dye there's a few things I can do.
This cheep seat needs to go
IMG_20230904_132413063_HDR.jpg

So off to the basement
IMG_20230904_122218214.jpg

Have this old seat
IMG_20230904_122218214.jpg

Drill some holes
IMG_20230904_124356457.jpg

Rivets
IMG_20230904_124735822.jpg

These cheap roll up mats from the dollar tree work great just double up
IMG_20230904_125820057.jpg
IMG_20230904_130615994.jpg

Size the leather. I use the soft belly stretches great
IMG_20230904_130932408.jpg
IMG_20230904_133512809.jpg

Now wait to dry then add dye and insert rivets

You can create your own rootbeer color if you're confident with a rattle can? Happy to share technique if you are interested?

You can create your own rootbeer color if you're confident with a rattle can? Happy to share technique if you are interested?
Sure

How is a root beer color cost any different from any other? Just curious what paint type/brand you're researching.
I live in Canada certain things are not as readly available most time the root beer colour I wanted to use is not stocked in stores (it is a duplicolour) so I have to order it here is how that works in Canada
5 dollar fuel surcharge (yes we have to pay for the mail's fuel on top of postage)
15 hazard waste handling fee (yes that cost extra here to)
On top of only being available in large cans so 75 bucks a can (take your american price and 30 persent there's your normal Canadian price on an item)
15 persent tax
Oh and duties because it's only available in the states.
Works out to almost 160 bucks and haven't even bought primer, an clear coat.
The other colors are available in store so 20 bucks a can

Sure

I live in Canada certain things are not as readly available most time the root beer colour I wanted to use is not stocked in stores (it is a duplicolour) so I have to order it here is how that works in Canada
5 dollar fuel surcharge (yes we have to pay for the mail's fuel on top of postage)
On top of only being available in large cans so 75 bucks a can (take your american price and 30 persent there's your normal Canadian price on an item)
15 persent tax
So... white. :21:

Call it "Iced Marshmallow" ;)

You might be able to find someplace near you that can mix it in house.

There's an auto parts store here (O'Rielly) that mixes automotive paints. They can color match it in single-stage enamel and fill it in an aerosol can for you. The last time I had it done it was around $25 to $30.

Sure

15 persent tax
Well, that's another layer of difficult. Yeah, my solution is not a solution. 🤣😥

You might be able to find someplace near you that can mix it in house.

There's an auto parts store here (O'Rielly) that mixes automotive paints. They can color match it in single-stage enamel and fill it in an aerosol can for you. The last time I had it done it was around $25 to $30.
I have a body shop around the corner he did the color a while ago if he has any left he'll let me use it I just have to spray it myself

Latest posts

Back