Redline find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this Redline Proline Elite XL on cl for 20 bucks. Needs some work but not bad.
IMG_0017.jpg

Yeah I guess the fork is backward. The seller was a young kid who said he raced it. He threw in 2 extra sets of wheels (in bad shape). His mom was there.It all needs a lot of work. Nice frame though. Thinking of maybe parting it out.

front wheel looks like a replacement (fork is backwards), also looks like the rear chainstay might be bent (not cool on aluminum frames) ... could just be the pic though. With the brake missing , possible bent rear and a replaced front wheel I'm guessing some kid used a racing frame for doing tricks and beat it up pretty good. I can see $20 for the crank and parts though but I would expect that bike to be beat up.

I see bikes like that so often in the shop. As soon as a Redline comes in the door, I check the crank and hubs. 90% of the time they are loose. Their parents buy them a Redline BMX bike and the kids just beat the heck out of them doing "tricks."

Just checked the rear chainstay. It's straight although i can see that the picture makes it look otherwise. The cranks were loose when I got it. Just needed some tightening up.

Back