RAT SPACE POLL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I would be interested in having a Rat Space...

• and wouldn't mind paying a minimal annual fee

Votes: 32 65.3%
  • only if it were offered for free

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • not interested in one at all

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters
i know that i am fairly new to the ratrodbikes site, but i LOVE IT! if i can speak for everyone, we need this website so that we can get new ideas on what to build, and how to build it instead of being stuck to one way thinking. i would definitely pay a $10 spot for it. This way we can see what the other has done and ask questions if we need to. instead of calling it rat space, why not the "rat hole"? another question, how much space is there for each (in "rat bytes")? sorry but i had to ask it this way!
but count me in!

I think that $10 is a bargain, count me in.
Will these gallery images be hosted locally, or would we still be required to use an outside server to host our pics?
It would be worth the money to me just so I didn't have to upload to photobucket.

2manybikes said:
I think that $10 is a bargain, count me in.
Will these gallery images be hosted locally, or would we still be required to use an outside server to host our pics?
It would be worth the money to me just so I didn't have to upload to photobucket.

They would be uploaded on to the server that the site resides on.

It wouldn't be an unlimited situation though....just a place to show off 10-20 photos of your rides.

spinman said:
Not that this Rat is chomping on the cheese to get the Rat Hole going immediately (only have 2 bikes); at what point do you "green light" this? Are we looking for a certain number of yeas?

Just curious.

Spin

He He...it seems like there would be enough interest and my guess is that when everyone else sees how cool it is they may want one too.

Still talking logistics over with my friend Joe...a programmer.

Stay tuned!!!

yo rat rod, i voted if it was free, but now that i am awake an lookin, heck ya put me in. this has to be the best ever. man we all should be for this. change my vote to a BIG YES. lets do it.
ya thats what i am talkin about, rat on ratters

Outlaw :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

any chance of making an "official myspace" its the first thing I started looking for after I found the site.

but I like the ratspace idea as well..the myspace could get you more traffic to the site..the ratspace you could make make a search feature? so you could locate members in your area by zip code?

i voted free but i would most likely be paying no questions asked... all premium members should get a few stickers or something...

xddorox said:
What's up with this project Steve? Any news?

Still undecided on this.

Trying to decide whether to do this or just create a huge page of photos without any info connected to any of them.

How about doing it like this: Make a special "Premium member" section, or whatever you want to call it, with sticky posts. The member can post pictures of his rides, make a small text to present himself, etc. I would pay $10 for that privilege.

xddorox said:
How about doing it like this: Make a special "Premium member" section, or whatever you want to call it, with sticky posts. The member can post pictures of his rides, make a small text to present himself, etc. I would pay $10 for that privilege.

you could do that for free in a "intro" post it under new members, and you could link it in your sig as your "profile" and you could also edit it any time to add new pix etc.

I wasn't sure if this was suggested or asked already, but would we all get our own unique URLs?

like, ratrodbikes (dot) com (slash) joeymac
or ratrodbikes (dot) com (slash) ratspace (slash) joeymac

Something like that would make it easy to give out the link. Just a thought. I am excited for this feature to come to fruition. Again, great idea!

Great Idea RatRod!!!! I totally wouldn't mind paying for a specific space so people could see my progress and work. It would definitely be a great place for the people who do this often; for us newbies out there it would come in handy after we get our feet wet for sure!

Back