RAT SPACE POLL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I would be interested in having a Rat Space...

• and wouldn't mind paying a minimal annual fee

Votes: 32 65.3%
  • only if it were offered for free

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • not interested in one at all

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I have been tinkering with the idea of creating a system on the site that would allow members to create their own gallery page which could contain 10-20 images and possibly a bio on themselves. It would also give you a domain that could be used like...www.ratrodbikes.com/hooch.

This could be a cool way for members to show off what they own and ride and also allow you to point others to your Rat Space.

This wouldn't be quite as advanced as a MySpace page, but at least you'd have a little real esate to call your own on the site and display your bikes.

Doing this would cost me some more money each month so it may end up requiring a minimal annual membership fee per member ($10 or less).

Just curious how many of you would be interested in something like this if it were offered on the site.

Thanks!

Would the $10-or-so fee be required of all members or just the ones that wanted a RAT SPACE page :?:

Just so its clear

I wouldnt want to keep people from joining just because of the fee.

On the outdoor/mountainbike website where I work(moderator admin) each member have the possibility to have their own blog that can be attach to the forum.
I did not do any programming on that, it seems quite complicated (we have a few html guru working with us) but its pretty cool.
we just started that feature.

http://www.allezy.net

Ratsters,

Being in that nether world between cathode-ray-tube old fogey and technology-savvy young buck, I can't tell you how much I appreciate the offer of keeping pace with the technology train.

Yeah, I could take 10 years and learn on my own, but it sure is nice to have someone lead us by the bal--- er, hand.

Count me in.

Spin

Sure, that sounds awesome!

just for entertainment value alone ...this site is worth more than 10 bucks annually and a peice of the pie would just be a bonnus.
looking at the poll some 25% would only go for it if it was free ?? come on ratters is having this place only good if its free ?
Steve email me your snail mail addy and I'll send you a donation just to help with your ISP costs and if the rest of you guys would do the same
it would make it lots easier on the man who is providing us this place to hang out and share our passion for bicycles.
Thanks again Buddy

Mark

I'm not against donating or paying a fee. I just don't have a use for the "Rat Space".
I do think offering some kind of extra perk for donating members would be good.

As for e-mail...
On a website I run I use a 3rd party service called everyone.net to provide web based e-mail with my sites domain to my users. It was free when I signed up years ago but not sure it is anymore.

My goal in all of this is to give members the ability to have their own profile page in a sense that could contain info about them and also allow them to upload photos and create and maintain their own gallery. It would end up costing me an additional $300 a year to pull this off so that is why I was suggesting a small fee. I know several other larger forums offer an upgraded membership which gives the users benefits.

Click here to see a quick mock up of what a Rat Space might look like...

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/ratspace.jpg

Click here and scroll to the very bottom and click on the text link (Image#1) at the bottom left to see how a gallery image would display.

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/gallery.htm

Everyone could set up a clickable signature link like Hooch to their intro thread. You can edit your threads at anytime, so if you want to add or subtract a bike, it's not impossible.

Rat Rod said:
My goal in all of this is to give members the ability to have their own profile page in a sense that could contain info about them and also allow them to upload photos and create and maintain their own gallery. It would end up costing me an additional $300 a year to pull this off so that is why I was suggesting a small fee. I know several other larger forums offer an upgraded membership which gives the users benefits.

Click here to see a quick mock up of what a Rat Space might look like...

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/ratspace.jpg

Click here and scroll to the very bottom and click on the text link (Image#1) at the bottom left to see how a gallery image would display.

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/gallery.htm

Those look good. You should be able to get 60 members at $5 each or whatever the price. Keep us updated. I'm all for it, let me know if I can help in anyway. Thanks

I would gladly pay a fee, and I think that by requiring a fee, it would keep the riffraff out (the bad kind). I stopped using myspace because it was too easy for just anyone (including spammers) to set up an account and harrass you all the time.

The profiles would help us get to know each other a little better and to better place bikes with people, sometimes it gets confusing looking at all the different threads. Good idea Steve!

Back