RAT ROD SHIRTS AT CAFE PRESS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Well, I went ahead and set up a shop at Cafe Press for Rat Rod Bike shirts. These are going to be more pricey and I hardly make anything off of these, but at least there will be several styles and colors to choose from and I don't have to handle anything.

If I see that folks end up using this method then I'll end up spending the money to get an advanced shop which will allow me to have unlimited shirt designs and products. I have several different designs in mind for shirts.

Here's a link to the shop.

http://www.cafepress.com/ratrodbikes

i must be honest and say i have mixed feelings about this...

it's cool, the amount of options, and shirt colors, and various products... :)

however,

i really like my rat rod bikes shirt... i wear it all the time.

i like the size of the artwork, and the fact that it's screenprinted. i like the gildan shirts as well...

the logo on the cafe press shirts looks very small, and i wonder if the quality will be compromised...

it is nice that you dont have to deal with the whole shirt thing though...

just my thoughts... i dont mean any disrespect.

oct.

Yeah...none taken man. :D

One thing...I can determine the size of the logo. I'm only limited to a 10" x 10" space so they give you plenty of room. I intentionally made the logo a bit smaller on these, but maybe folks like the bigger logo???

If I went to the upgraded shop ($65/year) I could have several logo size options...it's all a matter of the size of art that I upload.

Randy has used them and he said that the quality seems pretty good. I suppose I'll have to order one first to see how it turns out.

Nothing beats having a local printer do the shirts for me on the brand I want. But then again, this way I don't have to put any money up front, I handle no orders and I don't make 60 trips to the post office.

It was this or no shirts at this point. :wink:

i do have one of Locojoe's shirts from cafe press, and so far it's held up pretty good...

i really like the color choices for the shirts, so i will order one simply to have one that is not black.

i fully understand the hassle of the shirt thing, cause i have had to deal with it quite often...

i dont know about the $65 yearly fee... can change your design at any time?
if so, just change the design every 6 months or so, and dont pay to have multiple designs/sizes...

oct.

Basically the way it works is with the free store I only get one of each item to sell. I can have multiple designs in the free store, I just can't have more than one of the same item.

For example....they offer the Men's dark shirt as an item. I can only have one design on that item. In the upgraded store there is no limit on items so I could have 20 different designs, all on dark shirts.

Does that make any sense?

You also get the ability to customize the look of the store.

Here's a guy who has paid for the upgraded store:

http://www.cafepress.com/monstermachine

Can u make it so we can get the hoodies in black? Mom said shed get me a t-shirt now. But i will be getting a hoodie in the winter months, I dont wear coats.

ricksterr1221 said:
Can u make it so we can get the hoodies in black? Mom said shed get me a t-shirt now. But i will be getting a hoodie in the winter months, I dont wear coats.

Unfortunately they don't offer one in black yet. :cry:

well...
I Like it.

I can get a Shirt for my Girlfriend ( and my daughter ).....which will open up a Whole New group of people Viewing our Shirts.

as well....$65.00 a Year is CHUMP CHANGE when it comes to Variety...

It's Time to Think outside the Box Steve.

We, The Forum members at rat Rod Bikes,
are NOT the Only People who will buy these Shirts.
They are Now on The WWW and will be Viewed and Liked
buy The World.

If half The People here at "Rat Rod Bikes" where to send you ( Steve ) $1.00
then that would Put $220.00 in "The Rat Rod Bikes Fund"
( which I JUST apparently created right now :mrgreen: )
Which would more than Pay that Anual Fee.....and have a Bit left over
for you ( Steve ) to give out Shirts as a Prize in a Build-off here
on The site....which in Turn will give the site MORE exposure.

In Fact......I'll Start this off in a Thread right now....
I Like this New Shirt Idea...and I think it will work Well
for Our Site,

Peace,
Kev.

Stickers? Where are the stickers? I NEED stickers! The mug looks pretty cool though. :mrgreen: That was a good idea you had, now everyone can have a shirt without all the fuss. I sell stuff on ebay and know how much of a pain in the butt it can be. Now how about those stickers??? :mrgreen:

Quite a few years back, I set up some stuff with Cafe Press. The Description/pages very seldom showed up in searches when I did them. When I would find them the images had been resized or would not even show up. They were also running around the Cafe sites under completely different names and descriptions. I tried to find out what was going on, whether it was might fault or theirs and never got any real answers. Probably someone had access that shouldn't have been able to get it. I know this happened to at least a couple of other people also, because one of them had brought this to my attention and that's how I found out that things were screwy.

I know things are alot different now and I've heard that they've got things running smoothly, but I'm still kinda leary of the stuff. Some of my friends who have gotten things done are happy, but from what I've seen, it looks as though they did it on their home computer and printed it out and ironed it on the shirt. Like I say, it's supposed to be alot better now .... So good luck with the new products! I'm going to check out the store now!
Chainsaw

armandgil said:
Stickers? Where are the stickers? I NEED stickers! The mug looks pretty cool though. :mrgreen: That was a good idea you had, now everyone can have a shirt without all the fuss. I sell stuff on ebay and know how much of a pain in the butt it can be. Now how about those stickers??? :mrgreen:

I'm going to design a bumper sticker through Cafe Press that can be cut out into several smaller stickers....kind of like what I had done before. I'll try to work on something during my lunch break today and see if I can get them loaded into the store. I think they do digital printing on these so I shouldn't have trouble with the fine details of the logo this time. Stay tuned!!!

Chainsaw said:
Quite a few years back, I set up some stuff with Cafe Press. The Description/pages very seldom showed up in searches when I did them. When I would find them the images had been resized or would not even show up. They were also running around the Cafe sites under completely different names and descriptions. I tried to find out what was going on, whether it was might fault or theirs and never got any real answers. Probably someone had access that shouldn't have been able to get it. I know this happened to at least a couple of other people also, because one of them had brought this to my attention and that's how I found out that things were screwy.

I know things are alot different now and I've heard that they've got things running smoothly, but I'm still kinda leary of the stuff. Some of my friends who have gotten things done are happy, but from what I've seen, it looks as though they did it on their home computer and printed it out and ironed it on the shirt. Like I say, it's supposed to be alot better now .... So good luck with the new products! I'm going to check out the store now!
Chainsaw

Yeah..I think they have their act together now. They use a couple of different printing methods for the shirts. A heat transfer method and a direct printing method. The direct printing method comes out a little more faded looking I think because the ink is actually embedded into the fabric. I plan to order a brown shirt to see how it turns out.

Well, I just set up a RRB sticker on my Cafe Press site. I also just ordered a large brown RRB shirt and one of the sticker sheets. I'd like to see what kind of quality I am getting. Also want to see how well the art turns out.

Looks like S&H on the stickers will be about a dollar for 3 sheets or $.75 for one sheet. That would be to Texas though.

I should get my stuff in a week or so. Once I receive them I will post a photo of the finished product in this thread.

If it all turns out well then I'll end up sticking with it. You can wait to buy items until I get mine, or if you're the gambling type, feel free to order now. :wink:

P.S. The sticker sheet is the last item on the page.

http://www.cafepress.com/ratrodbikes

Back