Rat Riders Spring Ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Rat Riders will be having their 3rd Annual Spring Ride at Fernbank Park at 7100 River Rd. Cincinnati 45233 on May 1st. 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. We'll be riding the 1 mile trail by the Ohio River & hanging out showing our bikes. Slowest Drag contest & Longest Skid contest. We will also have food, t-shirts for sale, door prizes & be giving away a bicycle for charity. Everyone is welcome.
ratflyer.jpg

We'll be at the Indy show in Feb. passing out flyers for this, should be another fun ride. I vote for regular drags and wheelie contest included. 8)

Bump for new info. Looks like we will be in the shelter at the rear of the park this year, we were too late to reserve the one overlooking the river. Our proceeds will be going to the Muscular Dystrophy Association in Cincinnati. I invited them to bring some kids down to the ride, but no promises as Saturdays are short staffed for them. On a side note, can anyone chime in with suggestions of what events you enjoyed in the past, what we should change or add? Someone mentioned a rodeo barrel race to me and it sounds like a blast.

I say the more events the better. I'm going to get started on the awards right after I get back from california. As it is now I was going to make a fast drag, slow drag, skid, barrel race, and maybe even a rat riders choice plaque.

2 weeks away :D . Looks like it's gonna be even bigger than last year, hoping to see around 80+ people on the 1st.

Almost there and just updating with a rule for the slow drag contest. The slow drag competitors must use a coaster brake bike. We all know how much easier it is to move slow when you don't have to go a half revolution at a time. There will be several bikes there to use if your bike isn't a coaster brake bike.

I'd like to add that rule to the drag racing too. Multi speed muscle bikes pop gears (I'm living proof), just don't want to see anyone get hurt. We'll have loaner bikes if anyone needs one.

Less than 24 hours away! Nobody be scared away by the chance of rain. We can always park the bikes under the shelter for a little protection. And besides, a few drops on the ground will make for a killer Skid mark contest!

Weather gave us an amazing break. Had a good crowd of people show up about noon. Thanks to everyone who came out and showed their support. It was a lot of fun.

Managed to get a few pics of the ride.

IMG_3936.jpg

Willyschad on the speed demon
IMG_3938.jpg

Rusty513 with some sweet wheelie action!
IMG_3943.jpg

GTCOMA and Rusty in a slow drag battle
IMG_3946.jpg

Group ride
IMG_3947.jpg

Greg K. (hope I got his name right) was the lucky ticket holder on the raffle bike drawing.
IMG_3949.jpg

Just wanted to thank all those who came despite the iffy weather, we raise $393 for MDA which will help send some less fortunate kids to camp. :D

Latest posts

Back