PROJECT: Mr White...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I already have a decent rat rod (even though I haven't shown pics of it yet on here), so I want to build something nice.

I picked up this "mystery" frame from a local shop who had it listed on ebay. $20 cash and I walked out. Got it home, posted pics on fresh finds, looked up serial. Sure enough it's a 1956 Schwinn Spitfire frame.

IMG_2122.jpg

The frame is in great shape with only 1 tiny scratch on the top tube that I can likely fill/cover with primer. It was covered in several layers on different paint/primers, but had no rust. I knew I wanted some decent looking paint, so I got to stripping the day after I bought it.

IMG_2170.jpg

Almost ready for primer.

IMG_2174.jpg
(made between 2/8/56-2/12/56)

The frame now has a coat of primer on it and I should be able to get it's first few coats of paint on tomorrow.

I don't have much money currently and I'll need to order a few parts for the bike to make it as I like, but I expect it will have a nice clean look once finished.

pic of the progress... just primer now.
IMG_2191.jpg

I need to get some better pics of the rat rod, but I'll post in the gallery when I do =)...

Here's a pic of my other project... a western flyer/murray space frame
IMG_2182.jpg

Freshly clearcoated.

Latest posts

Back