POORE MAN'S DREAM UPDATE 7/25 BATTERY TUBE DONE BIKE DONE!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: POORE MAN'S DREAM UPDATE 7/2 BATTERY HOLDER IN PROGRESS

cheese, grommet? i love cheese. :lol:

Be carefull trying out the reostat they were made for dash lights (low current) head light = high current may burn it up. Build is going very nice. We have 2 or 4 of those boxs around the house great idea.

yeah, may just use the knob off the switch. i am going over to my dad's this evening, he is into remote control real big and has alot of spare rechargeable battery packs. i am going to see if i can latch onto a 6volt pack to put in the box! :wink:

Re: POORE MAN'S DREAM UPDATE 7/4 HEADLIGHT/HORN MOCK UP PIC

i opted for the light from the flashlight that was posted back in an earlier photo. for 2 reasons, 1-it's bigger and 2-the bulb was burnt out on the other one! :x anyway, i think this is my favorite mounting of a headlight i have done! it will be more level, it's not tight in the pic. also, i came across the horn today in a box. i will test it first, and if it does i will paint it up nice. the headlight will get the metal flake on the body and the white on the ring
DSCF9590-1.jpg

Re: POORE MAN'S DREAM UPDATE 7/5 HEADLIGHT/CHAINGUARD PAINTED

i got the chainguard and headlight painted and the light mounted. the chain guard i just setting on the bike in the pic. i have to drill and tap the bb housing to mount the front tab of the guard. i am really liking how both turned out. i ditched the cheese box idea for the battery box. it just seemed too bulky. i have another idea in mind. other than the battery holder, rear reflector, kickstand, striping the front fender she is pretty much done. i am going to get a roadmaster decal for the guard and get a headbadge for it.
DSCF9593.jpg
DSCF9594.jpg

Re: POORE MAN'S DREAM UPDATE 7/5 HEADLIGHT/CHAINGUARD PAINTED

oh yeah, couldn't get the horn going so i ditched it also. :wink:

Re: POORE MAN'S DREAM UPDATE 7/13 CHAINGUARD LETTERED

since i have no free hand lettering skills :cry: , i copied a roadmaster decal out of my bike parts catalog(sorry memory lane) and traced over it with my exacto knife on some masking tape and made me a template. turned out pretty good. i will clean up a few bleed throughs and add the centers to the o,a,d, and e's with my brush. i did it in satin to give it a contrast on the gloss. still haven't made a battery tube yet.
DSCF9619.jpg

Re: POORE MAN'S DREAM UPDATE 7/24 BATTERY TUBE BUILDING 101

okay, first of all i am not building a pipe bomb! i swear!!! :lol: anyway, i have some 1-1/2inch couduit, some pvc end caps, 2 conduit hangers and i have the end of a mag light with the spring in the end of the tube. i am going to mount it to my cross bar on my handle bars. after i get this done i am calling the bike done. i will be glad to move onto another project! :wink:
DSCF9634.jpg
DSCF9635.jpg

have the tube mounted making sure everything fits before paint. i am really liking the mounting of the tube on the cross bar. i will probably paint it the antique white, i think that will pop good against the grey bars. i took the switch from the flashlight that the headlight came from and mounted it in the back of the light. this is a 5 cell "d" cell battery tube so it lights it up very nicely!! :D
DSCF9636.jpg
DSCF9637.jpg
DSCF9638.jpg

OK - This guy is really starting to play smart now. This one should definitely go into the "How To" section. Anybody that has thought about buying a battery tube knows if you really want one you've gotta "Go Big Or Stay Home" as I call it - they are expensive. I love the whole concept - the crossbar mounting is a cousin to the speedometer location on the curved crossbar of the 1941 Columbia - good thinking! This is one that's imbedded in my memory banks. And a side note - I still think that chain guard looks HOT on this bike. Kudos!

Love the battery tube.......very nice job and thanks for sharing :mrgreen:

got the battery tube wired up a little bit ago. i am happy the way it turned out. i am happy with the entire bike, i would have liked to do some more custom pieces for it but oh well, on to the next project which will be to get back on that 53 five window in the back ground! only thing that needs done is some cleaning and i will get some good pics of it this week and put her in the finished section. :wink:
DSCF9639.jpg
DSCF9641.jpg

Latest posts

Back