POORE MAN'S DREAM UPDATE 7/25 BATTERY TUBE DONE BIKE DONE!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: POORE MAN'S DREAM UPDATE 5/9 PIC

got one pedal redone tonight and the fork finally put on. i didn't paint the chrome parts on the fork. the chrome is kind of rough, but i think it gives it a good contrast with the old and the new.
cleavlandwelder.jpg

Re: POORE MAN'S DREAM UPDATE 5/9 PIC

Doesnt look like a poor mans bike now!! Nice job!

Re: POORE MAN'S DREAM UPDATE 5/13 PIC

ok, it's time to start doing some custom stuff to the bike to make "not just another restoration" bike. :wink: i swiped the bars from the woman's western flyer that the fenders came from and took a pair of nice chrome apes from a childs bike and cut them and added them to the flyer bars to make me some long reach motorbike bars. i cut the head off of two bolts that fit perfect into the bars and welded the extensions on. i left about an eighth of an inch gap so the weld would catch the bolt also. nice and sturdy! :) i will grind down the welds and make my cross brace and clamp it on the ends over the welds and no one would ever no the difference. well, until now! :lol: also, found this cool old window crank in a box of goodies i am thinking of making my brake arm strap from. will leave the knob and tap a hole in it to thread the screw into from the back side.
bike.jpg
brakearm.jpg

Re: POORE MAN'S DREAM W/HOMEMADE MOTORBIKE BARS

what do you guys think? i am thinking of running this chainguard, painted to match the bike of course.
chainguard.jpg

Re: POORE MAN'S DREAM NEED SOME ADVICE

I love rustoleum metallic. Your color combo with red and white looks awesome, the bike has great lines. I was thinking about making extensions to some of my handlebars as well

coming from you stretch, that's all the word i need! :wink: i hope to get the fenders at least primed this weekend, maybe a coat of paint depending on how the humidity cooperates. :x may get the cross bar made for the bars and will work on the chain guard as well.

haha thanks man. i wish i could be at the same point as my bike, but i dont even have the parts to do a mockup. :cry:

not much to update this time around. i did get the cross bar welded into my handlebars today. will get them sanded and some self etching primer on them tomorrow along with the fenders. that is if this stupid weather will ever cooperate!! :x so over this cool rainy weather.

Re: POORE MAN'S DREAM NEW UPDATE/PIC 5/18

i managed to get the front fender sanded, primed, and painted today. will let it dry a good 2 or 3 days and lay down the white on the tips and the white pin stripes. hope to get the rear one done tomorrow.
fender.jpg

love the fender , but i do like the vintage dining set verry rare to be found this dates !

beleive it or not rico, the dining table was free! i had seen it set on a porch of a house for a month or more and finally one day stopped and asked and they said take it. it had the extra leaf with it also. missing 2 chairs, but oh well. :wink:

murraymadman said:
beleive it or not rico, the dining table was free! i had seen it set on a porch of a house for a month or more and finally one day stopped and asked and they said take it. it had the extra leaf with it also. missing 2 chairs, but oh well. :wink:

you realy did great taking it ! those tables today are hard to come by and you have one with time you will be lucky again and find the two chairs you are missing , great luck !

got the rear fender primed and painted today. went out a little bit ago and looked at it and guess what, mister fly found his way onto the fender!!! :x oh well, after picking his body apart piece by piece with a pair of tweezers and giving the fender a few more coats you can't even see where the little turd landed! :wink: got a cool rear carrier from a woman's hiawatha with the chrome crash rails that will make it's way on the bike.

Re: POORE MAN'S DREAM PIC 5/20 BARS ARE DONE!

well, i now have the bars done and painted. i used the rustoleum that i used on the sprocket and crank. the more i use this paint the more i like it!! :D i am kind a proud of the bars. i think they turned out pretty nice. i love the long reach of them, can't wait to see how they ride. i filled them some with filler at the weld points where i put on the extensions. also, i modified my rear rack to fit the frame. it is off of a woman's hiawatha and has the chrome crash rails. it is the style that the front mounted at the seat clamp bolt, wouldn't work for me. i cut, rounded the end of it and left the sides and wrapped them around to meet and welded it all up and filled as well. still have to paint it. i will house some led lights in the rear for taillights as well.
cwc3.jpg
cwc2.jpg
cwc1.jpg

Back