Poison_ the muscle bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got an old huffy from the bicycle swap meet, I've been wanting a muscle bike and the fat drag tires on the back caught my eye on this one :mrgreen: . me and dad took off the chain guard, cleaned bearings, polished fenders and seat, and put a new chain on it! hoping to find a old but longer fork that will fit and planning to powder coat open for ideas :D.
468691_3353591842184_255171747_o.jpg

And if anyone could tell me what year this huffy is that would be awesome thanks guys :p

Thanks I've wanted a muscle bike to redo myself and im glad i got this one, and yes i am ndaway's son :mrgreen:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Sweet! :mrgreen:

You must be ndaway's son? :D
oh my dad was just showing me your young american build yesterday it turned out nice, hopefully ill have the same luck going into my first build :lol:

I'll be watching your build! :D Good luck and welcome to the forum :wink:

Would you believe I got almost the same bike last week.Mine is a 69 Huffy Dragster Deluxe/1 in seafrost green.The only difference beetween mine and yours would be mine is missing the Flaming Stack chainguard and front brake.
Yours is likely a Cheater Slick Dragster or less likely a Dragster special.
69huffydragsterdeluxe1001.jpg

Yeah,chrome fenders and that particular chainguard sure looks like a Cheater SLick Dragster.Its tough to find info on old huffys because the one well known guy(RR) has all the catalogs tied up on an order with money basis wich does terrible damage to the muscle bike hobby,unlike schwinn wich is free well publlished info.My point is that tying up the info makes many disreguard non schwinn muscle bikes because you simply cant figure out what ya got.I got lucky and found a 69 huffy catalog so hopefully I havebeensome help bro!! Welcome to the bike hobby,Im sure your ride will rock!
Oh! and the first digit of a huffy serial number is the year(8=68 or 78) etc.

Here is a link to the only full catalog I could find online FREE THE INFO LOL!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zazdatabaz ... otostream/

i'd look for a kids mountain bike and use the rear wheel, chain, and shifter to make a 5 (or 6 or7. whatever the donor bike had) speed. shouldn't cost much if you find a used one.

aka_locojoe said:
Cool bike to start with. When you say longer fork... are you talking like a factory fork off a larger bike like a 26" or something custom?

On these 2 20" bikes I put 26" forks

Bike 1 Bike 2

Good luck with the build.
actually my friend bought that first bike and i was hoping to put a fork like that on it :mrgreen:

Xcruiser said:
Yeah,chrome fenders and that particular chainguard sure looks like a Cheater SLick Dragster.Its tough to find info on old huffys because the one well known guy(RR) has all the catalogs tied up on an order with money basis wich does terrible damage to the muscle bike hobby,unlike schwinn wich is free well publlished info.My point is that tying up the info makes many disreguard non schwinn muscle bikes because you simply cant figure out what ya got.I got lucky and found a 69 huffy catalog so hopefully I havebeensome help bro!! Welcome to the bike hobby,Im sure your ride will rock!
Oh! and the first digit of a huffy serial number is the year(8=68 or 78) etc.

Here is a link to the only full catalog I could find online FREE THE INFO LOL!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zazdatabaz ... otostream/
thanks for the help :mrgreen: 8)

Xcruiser said:
Would you believe I got almost the same bike last week.Mine is a 69 Huffy Dragster Deluxe/1 in seafrost green.The only difference beetween mine and yours would be mine is missing the Flaming Stack chainguard and front brake.
Yours is likely a Cheater Slick Dragster or less likely a Dragster special.
69huffydragsterdeluxe1001.jpg
wow that is deadly similar thats crazy

Back