POCA RATA "Little Rat" DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: POCO RATA "Little Rat" (its a roller!)

Man, that looks awesome. Keep it comin'! I can't wait to see the seat and bars.

Cut the steerer tube down today & also the seat tube. Steerer tube was shortened .5 inches & cut about 2 inches off seat tube. May use this aluminum stem & these bars. Plan is to shorten the bars by taking 2 inches off each side. Played with seat combos, but the only seats I have now are from womens bikes. I kind of like the rusty one in the pic. Since this is a super low budget build, I am trying to use stuff I already have. Seat in pic is just wired on, I plan on making some kind of bent seatpost for it to push it back as far as possible & also as low as possible. Also cut up a rear rack that I got from diabolical_dork that may possibly become some truss rods for the front forks. Thanks Judd! Hope to have some pics of that by tomorrow nite.

Aluminum bars & stem:

bay1004.jpg

Side view with rusty womens seat:

bay1006.jpg

Critter1 said:
Oh yea! That thing looks tough & stretched out!
Hey Pick I just did a bike with the same front this weekend!! Great minds huh?!? Keep going! Peace

Jake Sensi said:
Critter1 said:
Oh yea! That thing looks tough & stretched out!
Hey Pick I just did a bike with the same front this weekend!! Great minds huh?!? Keep going! Peace

Jake: Just be glad you didn't have to add threads to the head tube! That's a real B!#%$!!! Other than those forks & the wheels & tires, that's about all that's worth saving on those Murray Pork Choppers!

Thanks for the comps, Rg & Critter & Jeremy! Thanks for lookin guys!

Just playing around with a rack that I cut up. Thinking about making some truss rods with it. This is just a mock-up & more mods will have to be made to make it look right. The plan is to have a single rod on each fork leg. Anyway here is a preliminary peek! Not sure if I like it or not. Really don't want it to stick out so far in front, so may have to shorten the top part of the rod. Brake mounts will be removed also.

bay1.jpg

that is a sweet looking frame. The forks awesome too. Looks like it's gonna be a mean "Little Rat"!! :wink:

Just remembered I still have the seat off of this bike that I didn't use. Wondering about using it & some apes instead? Hmmmm! But I kind of like the bobber look. Decisions, Decisions! May just have to stick em on & see what it looks like.

jakesbikebuild002.jpg

Seats and bars can totally change the look and vibe of a bike.
Do plenty of mockups. And let us enjoy the fun too.
Have Fun!

kingfish254 said:
Have Fun!
Ya right B! Cuz I'll be home saying-Look at Pick changing his bike again! Kwazy Wratter!! He better GTB!! :mrgreen:

pick said:
Just playing around with a rack that I cut up. Thinking about making some truss rods with it. This is just a mock-up & more mods will have to be made to make it look right. The plan is to have a single rod on each fork leg. Anyway here is a preliminary peek! Not sure if I like it or not. Really don't want it to stick out so far in front, so may have to shorten the top part of the rod. Brake mounts will be removed also.

bay1.jpg

I like the improv truss rods. IMHO anytime you can do something above and beyond bolt on parts, you should try to chase it down. Those are the little things folks notice. It is also nice then the mods have some functionality too, in this case maybe a chance to mount twin headlights on those trusses? It's be pretty sweet!

kingfish254 said:
Have Fun!
+1!
Your truss rod idea sounds good and I agree with you about modding them so they don't stick out so far.
The idea of using them as mount points might be the trick too.

Banana seat would change the vibe, not good or bad, just different, would have to see how it looks.
The springer seat adds some Old School to it.

You're certainly making progress :D , on a tight budget, that's saying a lot.

I agree with the old seat giving that vintage vibe, which I like. The nanner seat will certainly make it look even longer and more stretched out. Will be interesting to see it on there.

Set the nanner seat on it & it took about 1/2 second to decide I don't like it! Didn't even drag out the apes. Not sold on the bars I have on it, but they will do until I find something I like better. So, for now, I'm back to the rusty springer seat. Hope tomorrow to work on the truss rod mods & possibly on the tank mods as well. May try a back fender & try to come up with some type of headlights too! I do like the twin headlight idea! Seems to be a lot of them in this years build off. I'm open to suggestions if anyone wants to throw them out there!

Thanks Skip! That means a lot to me from a creative soul like yourself! :D LDT is lookin sweet so far also! I just love to steal your ideas! :mrgreen: Thanks for lookin buddy!

Oneuglybike said:
I think clip on style bars would look groovy! Bike looks awesome!! 8)

I have considered that! I have a pair on a little junk pocket rocket motorcycle type thing that I may try out. Will have to get out the PB Blaster though, as the allen head bolts are rusted in there pretty good. Worth a try anyway! Thanks for lookin! 8)

Back