Pin... uh... Stripes... I guess.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I ain't no Hotrod Jen or any other great pinstriper but I am satisfied with my own work. So what do you guys think? Be gentle it's my first time :D The chainguard is going on my Huffy Laredo that I have been customizing the last couple days. (I'll post pics when I'm done).
182648_10150139036460396_509120395_8110523_3684355_n.jpg

I really don't have the proper brushes, paint etc. for this but I did what I could with what I have.

Thanks guys! I'm definitely not very smooth in the hand yet. I concentrated many years on music and backed off other art mediums. I'm hoping to do more eventually. Mostly for practice. :lol:

There is no better felling than pinstriping your first bike part and likeing how it comes out! I Have only been striping about a year now and I'm still improving. Its a slow process to become great so keep at it. I'm only 16 so I have a few years ahead of me to become great. Keep at it man. Thats a great start! :wink:

Thanks guys! I really need to invest in a proper brush. I do plan on practicing more just to have some fun with it. The reason I chose a brown mixed with a touch of gold will become apparent when I get my computer working again and can post the pictures of the bike this belongs to. It hopefully won't be long.

Lettering is great for your first job. The long lines will improve automatically with a pinstriping brush. You're on your way! Gary

Looks good. Try Youtube for some cool pinstriping tutorials. I learned a bunch from watching these.

I like it! I'd like to get up the courage to start striping with a brush. What striping I've done (like on my Panther) has been with the Beugler pinstriping tool. I guess I just need to bite the bullet, get some brushes and some instruction, then go for it.

Thanks a lot I guys I really do appreciate it. RestoRod I say go for it. I did. I really want to get proper brushes and practise some. Spokeshave is right though. Lots of stuff on Youtube to learn how. I have seen a few and it's really easy to follow.

Back