Part It Out Or Sell It Whole?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't make up my mind.

IMGP2443.jpg

There isn't anything reqlly high dollar on this bike so it would be best to clean it up and sell it whole. somebody will buy it and drive it down the streets or trails again.

If I were closer, I might buy it from you, but shipping would make it not worth it.

I think you should at least try to sell it whole first. No harm in trying right?

I like the idea of selling it whole, but if your looking to make some cash look at the parts, what could you sell off that would be of interest or re-use on a 'boys' bike...

seat...around $25
forks w/truss rods....around $50
headbadge...around $25
fenders...around $30
wheels/tires...around $50

That's around $180

Do you think you could get $200 for it whole? Granted, there's your time to tear it down, box and ship the parts. But you'd have to do a lot of that if you shipped it whole anyway....

Just my .02

Good luck on your sale(s).

Cheers,
Dr. T

I still dont get the part out..That bike is a survivor ....It can last another fifty years...and probably make someone happy riding it... :roll: Sorry but you asked.. :wink:

Dr. Tankenstein said:
.....Do you think you could get $200 for it whole? Granted, there's your time to tear it down, box and ship the parts. But you'd have to do a lot of that if you shipped it whole anyway....

I have it on CraigsList right now for $100.00 local pick up only. It's been there for a few days and no takers.

Parting it out would be WRONG man, too many ladies classics have gone the way of "Parting Out", This one is a survivor, just stop to think about how long this bicycle has been all together. Just my 2 cents. Funny, but my wife looked over my shoulder and whispered "Some lucky lady's gonna get a nice bike", so, yeah my vote is to dust it off, wipe it down and give it a chance at being loved, as it was created to be.

Mercsgarage said:
Parting it out would be WRONG man, too many ladies classics have gone the way of "Parting Out", This one is a survivor, just stop to think about how long this bicycle has been all together. Just my 2 cents. Funny, but my wife looked over my shoulder and whispered "Some lucky lady's gonna get a nice bike", so, yeah my vote is to dust it off, wipe it down and give it a chance at being loved, as it was created to be.
I think she's giving you the hint...

dragnusa said:
I like to think of girls bikes like I do 4 door hot rods. they may not be for everyone but done right they can be a sweet ride
I'd rather have a 4 door hot rod, more room in them, great for hauling the whole family or your buddies, and cheaper.

Does it always have to be about the money their are enough vultures out there already the bike is in great shape sell it whole as long as you get a few bucks over your cost that should be how we do it no offense Dr.T
Dr. Tankenstein said:
I like the idea of selling it whole, but if your looking to make some cash look at the parts, what could you sell off that would be of interest or re-use on a 'boys' bike...

seat...around $25
forks w/truss rods....around $50
headbadge...around $25
fenders...around $30
wheels/tires...around $50

That's around $180

Do you think you could get $200 for it whole? Granted, there's your time to tear it down, box and ship the parts. But you'd have to do a lot of that if you shipped it whole anyway....

Just my .02

Good luck on your sale(s).

Cheers,
Dr. T

Latest posts

Back